Thursday! Drill/Power Tools Caddy Workshop!

Dave Thacker

Mar 18, 2018, 10:59:33 PM3/18/18
to omaha-maker-group
After looking at the OMG power tool storage solution,  I've decided that it would be a good fit for my personal shop,  We have a handy jig at the space to cut the PVC pipe, and Kevin has agreed to show how the process works.   If you are interested in making one yourself, reply to this thread and let me know how many caddies you would like to build.  I'll pick up the PVC this week and we'll be ready to go.   I'm going to be building at least 3  drill/driver caddies, and I'm looking for a solution for a reciprocal saw, and an angle grinder.  Let me know what which caddies you want to bill.   See you Thursday.

Dave

--
Dave Thacker

Kevin Fusselman

Mar 18, 2018, 11:46:46 PM3/18/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
From experience, It'd be a good idea to bring the tool you intend to store to the workshop as well.  Pipe is 3 or 4" PVC, and some larger tools (like my brushless hammer drill) need the 4", where "most" tools are okay in 3". Also, if I recall, tools like Dave's grinder that hang upside down from the battery slide use 4" as well.

Dave, Please put me down for 3. 2@3" and a 4"

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Dave Thacker

Mar 21, 2018, 7:16:36 PM3/21/18
to omaha-maker-group
Kevin,
How long is each of the caddies?   I'm guessing about 12-18" for the drills and longer for  other tools that use 4" diameter.   Also what diameter would be good for a dremel rotary tool?

Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Dave Thacker

Kevin Fusselman

Mar 21, 2018, 8:11:36 PM3/21/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
So all the diagonal tubes are about 18", and 4" pipe. Drills vary widely, from 8 or 10 inches (at 3") for little 12v models to a foot or more of 4" for larger drills.

Your... Footage... May vary.

On Wed, Mar 21, 2018, 18:16 Dave Thacker <dtha...@gmail.com> wrote:
Kevin,
How long is each of the caddies?   I'm guessing about 12-18" for the drills and longer for  other tools that use 4" diameter.   Also what diameter would be good for a dremel rotary tool?

From experience, It'd be a good idea to bring the tool you intend to store to the workshop as well.  Pipe is 3 or 4" PVC, and some larger tools (like my brushless hammer drill) need the 4", where "most" tools are okay in 3". Also, if I recall, tools like Dave's grinder that hang upside down from the battery slide use 4" as well.