landscaping stones

Jenny D

Jun 1, 2017, 8:19:15 PM6/1/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Looking for some old bricks, or landscaping stones that can be used for a garden. Could try Habitat Restore, but curious if anyone has an idea where to get cheap rocks?

Thanks!

Eric J. Kaplan

Jun 1, 2017, 9:52:31 PM6/1/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Menard's has tumbled pavers that look a little like old brick. You can get them on sale for 3/$1. You won't find a better price.

You can also try A&R Salvage or Craigslist. Depending on how many you need, you can find them for as little as $1/brick.

Sent from Eric's iPhone

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

Jenny D

Jun 1, 2017, 11:53:12 PM6/1/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I hadn't heard of A&R.. or at least never used it. thanks will check it out. someone IRL recommended the nextdoor.com message boards. there is a pretty active community in Omaha.

Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

Eric J. Kaplan

Jun 2, 2017, 6:42:10 AM6/2/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I use Nextdoor. It's a good resource.

Sent from Eric's iPhone
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com.

Jason Amdor

Jun 5, 2017, 4:45:57 PM6/5/17
to Omaha Maker Group
I have some old broken bricks on my property that I want to get rid of, but I don't know if they'd be what you want.

It's ultimately my goal to replace the rock retaining walls in my back yard with block walls because the rocks look like crap to me, but I don't know if I'm willing to part with them yet. Depends on how many you need I guess.  Since I'm having hernia surgery next week I'm not in the mood to lift a lot of rocks or bricks any time soon.