Shapeoko a bit out of shape

Dave Thacker

Apr 23, 2015, 9:46:03 AM4/23/15
to omaha-maker-group
The supporting PC for the Shapeoko is not booting.   With Brandon and Ben's assistance I got Windows 7 installed on another Dell PC.  However at the end of the evening we still needed sorme drivers (Arduino) and some updates run on the PC to get it talking to the Shapeoko.  The Dell support site for the "new" PC is showing drivers for Win XP. and Win Vista, so I have not loaded them yet.

So the short list to get the PC in shape is:
-Load the arduino driver (Is that as simple as hooking up a UNO to the PC and letting it load?)
-Adding RAM, we currently have 2GB in the PC
-Updating Windows drivers if it's safe to do so.

In related topic, it looks like we could use some CR2032 3v batteries for the supply room.  Amazon has Energizer brand for roughly .52 each and "Generic" for around .18 each.   I'll be happy to order some.  Let me know if "generic" is good enough or if i should stick to name brand.

Cheers!

DT

--
Dave Thacker
SysAdmin, DBA, Postmaster, Maker, Odd Jobs

Kevin Fusselman

Apr 23, 2015, 9:49:14 AM4/23/15
to omaha-maker-group
I've been buying the generic coin-cell batteries for years, and they seem fine to me... I've had good luck with several (US-based) places on Ebay as well.

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire - An event for everyone!
September 19, 2015 - 9a - 5p
Omaha Children's Museum - www.omahamakerfaire.com

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.