Parts closet cleaning / the mess in the main workshop.

James Harr

Jul 11, 2015, 7:13:14 PM7/11/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com

Sorry for the mess in the main workshop. New shelves went into the parts closet (and are awesome). We took the opportunity to filter, sort, and containerize lots of stuff. The job isn't done, yet, so the main room is still pretty messy with the parts that haven't been sorted.

If you're in the shop and decide to help with this process, we ask that you be judicious in what goes back in due to the lack of space. What goes in must either be useful (will it get used in the next 12 months?), valuable and specific (x,y,z go together and are hard to replace), or just so awesome we can't get rid of it (65 amps of 48v, linear actuator that can lift Kevin, Barbey jeep differential).

What gets stowed in the closet must also have a container of some sort, or be large enough it can sit by itself and either stack well, or be tall enough that no one will pile things on top of it.

The table by the front door has a lot of things on it that need a new home or will be tossed. Feel free to loot it. Some of it is neat, but space is a premium.

Thanks for your patience. The improvements will be worth it. I didn't get a picture of the closet, but it is much better than it was.

Kevin Fusselman

Jul 11, 2015, 8:45:13 PM7/11/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for continuing the effort James!

As he mentioned, "junk" is a never ending struggle. This isn't the first major cleaning, and certainly won't be the last...

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire - An event for everyone!
September 19, 2015 - 9a - 5p
Omaha Children's Museum - www.omahamakerfaire.com

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.