Bleeder screw won't seal.

已查看 11 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Patrick Pecoraro

未读,
2016年7月10日 18:38:242016/7/10
收件人 Omaha Maker Group
I tried to replace one of my front brake calipers today as the previous one had a bleeder screw that had snapped off when trying to remove it along with a bushing collar that had torn on it. Any who I get it installed easy enough but the new calipers bleeder screw won't seem to seal. I went and picket up two more bleeder screws and they will not seal either. I tried all different levels of tightness but each bleeder screw ends up looking pinched on the end and the bleeder point and hole collapsed. The new bleeder screws look to be aluminum as opposed to steal as the old ones were but I can't find many online now that are anything but aluminum. I am wondering if the tap for the remanufactured caliper is off and this is why it won't seal.

Any ideas? I can't put the old caliper back on there is no way to bleed it. Will I have to get yet another caliper? I can't return it I bought it a year ago and forgot I had it. But lately the car pulls to the side when braking so i figured now was a good time to replace it.

David Knaack

未读,
2016年7月10日 20:27:432016/7/10
收件人 OMG
Bleeders typically don't seal on the threads, the seat is tapered so that it seals on the seat as the threads pull it down. If multiple bleeders won't seal there may be a problem with the caliper, possibly just crap on the seat, possibly the threads are not concentric with the seat.

If you don't want to replace the caliper you can try adding some sealant to the bleeder seat. A brake lube such as Syl Glide may be enough, or you can put a little bit of loc-tite on the seat, let it dry, then install (don't glue the bleeder in with loc-tite unless you intend to replace the caliper next time). Teflon tape may also work, but try to place it mostly on the seat and outward, not deeply below the threads inside the caliper.

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---