Preferred Samsung Phone Recovery Tool?

Dave Thacker

Jan 1, 2018, 11:27:59 AM1/1/18
to omaha-maker-group
The fickle finger of delete has struck my wife's phone, and I want to attempt to recover some photos.  Does anyone on the list have a favorite recover utility?

Dave

--
Dave Thacker

Kevin Fusselman

Jan 1, 2018, 11:34:53 AM1/1/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Were the photos in internal memory or on an SD card?  (If the latter, you might be ahead to pull the card and recover them "offline"...)  I've done SD card recovery successfully, but never online with Android...

Mike and I also once had an adventure with a partially dead SD card... He ended up sending it for commercial recovery, I think....

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Jared Wirth

Jan 1, 2018, 11:45:28 AM1/1/18
to OMG Mailing List
Sounds espensive

Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Benjamin Hutcheson

Jan 1, 2018, 12:26:49 PM1/1/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com

It’s also worth investigating whether those photos might have gotten cloud-synced in the background. Perhaps you’ve already looked into this, but if not – unless you tinker with privacy settings, Google will by default to try drag all your photos to https://photos.google.com/, and Dropbox and a few other apps will do something similar.

Dave Thacker

Jan 1, 2018, 3:36:46 PM1/1/18
to omaha-maker-group
Unfortunately, the camera was not set to be synced the google photo.

The phone does have 16GB sd card, but it's not currently recognized.   I'll be mounting the card up later today.

Dave

On Mon, Jan 1, 2018 at 11:26 AM, Benjamin Hutcheson <hutche...@gmail.com> wrote:

It’s also worth investigating whether those photos might have gotten cloud-synced in the background. Perhaps you’ve already looked into this, but if not – unless you tinker with privacy settings, Google will by default to try drag all your photos to https://photos.google.com/, and Dropbox and a few other apps will do something similar.

Dave Thacker

Jan 1, 2018, 6:16:51 PM1/1/18
to omaha-maker-group
Mission accomplished.     All of the "photos" were saved on the SD card.    I was able to pull it onto my Linux desktop, and from there a safe storage spot.

Thanks!

Dave

--
Dave Thacker