Is the Space staying the Space?

Travis Smith

Oct 31, 2016, 5:54:13 AM10/31/16
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Guys,

I'm shopping around for a place to live, as you may know, and I just
want to makes sure that the Makery 2.0 is somewhat static. If that's
not the case...updates as necessary would be appreciated so I can shoot
for that part of town.

Thanks,
--
-Travis

GPG Key: BFEB 7E65 04EB 184B A150 2E2C CC11 933F EE27 D86E

Eric Kaplan

Oct 31, 2016, 9:44:41 AM10/31/16
to OMG Mailing List
Travis,

It is our desire to keep OMG in the same general neighborhood as we are now.  There will be more details to follow from our Search Committee, formed last night, but, generally speaking, we are going to focus our search efforts in the area bounded East/West by 72nd and 108th, and North/South by Center and L.

Hope that helps.  Do you have an ETA for your return?

Thanks,

Eric J. Kaplan

The Omaha Maker Group - Explore Science, Technology & Art!
Omaha's Original Makerspace

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

Travis Smith

Oct 31, 2016, 9:50:47 AM10/31/16
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Yep, that helps. I should be back and settled by 10 Jan. In the
meantime if you need another set of eyes I can search from here as well.

On 10/31/2016 10:44 PM, Eric Kaplan wrote:
> Travis,
>
> It is our desire to keep OMG in the same general neighborhood as we are
> now. There will be more details to follow from our Search Committee,
> formed last night, but, generally speaking, we are going to focus our
> search efforts in the area bounded East/West by 72nd and 108th, and
> North/South by Center and L.
>
> Hope that helps. Do you have an ETA for your return?
>
> Thanks,
>
> _*Eric J. Kaplan *_
>
> * ekap...@gmail.com <mailto:ekap...@gmail.com>
> * www.linkedin.com/in/ejk00/ <http://www.linkedin.com/in/ejk00/>
>
> *The Omaha Maker Group - */*Explore Science, Technology & Art!*/
> Omaha's Original Makerspace
> _www.omahamakergroup. <http://www.omahamakerfaire.com/>org_
>
> On Mon, Oct 31, 2016 at 4:54 AM, Travis Smith <trav...@gmail.com
> <mailto:trav...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Guys,
>
> I'm shopping around for a place to live, as you may know, and I just
> want to makes sure that the Makery 2.0 is somewhat static. If that's
> not the case...updates as necessary would be appreciated so I can shoot
> for that part of town.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> -Travis
>
> GPG Key: BFEB 7E65 04EB 184B A150 2E2C CC11 933F EE27 D86E
>
> --
> Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop
> Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the
> proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve
>
> Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street,
> #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise.
> http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
> ---
> Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.
> send an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:omaha-maker-group%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/optout>.
>

> --
> Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon
> using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds.
> http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve
>
> Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5,
> Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
> ---
> Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.
> an email to omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:omaha-maker-gr...@googlegroups.com>.

Eric Kaplan

Oct 31, 2016, 9:55:22 AM10/31/16
to OMG Mailing List
Thanks!

Wish you were coming back earlier, though you might still be able to get involved in an upcoming project we could potentially take on.  We would be designing and building a portable lab kit to allow high school students to practice and learn Newton's laws.  We have a presentation coming up on the 8th from the non-profit that is going to sponsor and fund the project.  I think it is going to not only be a fun project to work on, but also a great chance to put the OMG name out across the state!