Fwd: NE Robotics Expo-Information for Exhibitors

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 18, 2015, 11:52:00 AM2/18/15
to OMG Mailing List
For those folks who have generously volunteered for Saturday.

Still looking for a couple more people. Please let me know if you can be there. I have:
Me - full day
James - full day
Art - full day
Dave T - afternoon
Ben - morning (but maybe full day)

Thanks!

Sent from Eric's iPhone

Begin forwarded message:

From: Amelia Squires <asqu...@unomaha.edu>
Date: February 18, 2015 at 10:14:28 AM CST
To: "ma...@fatbraintoys.com" <ma...@fatbraintoys.com>, "kvanwyn...@unomaha.edu" <kvanwyn...@unomaha.edu>, "ekap...@gmail.com" <ekap...@gmail.com>, "dbp...@aol.com" <dbp...@aol.com>, Terese M Janovec <tjan...@unl.edu>, "ddavi...@cccneb.edu" <ddavi...@cccneb.edu>, "lolu...@gmail.com" <lolu...@gmail.com>, "wiley.r...@gmail.com" <wiley.r...@gmail.com>, Tracy L Pracheil <tprac...@unl.edu>, "negi...@gmail.com" <negi...@gmail.com>, "jorge...@creighton.edu" <jorge...@creighton.edu>, Sally T Wei <sw...@unl.edu>, Kacie A Baum <kge...@unmc.edu>, Ka-Chun Siu <kc...@unmc.edu>, "bing...@gmail.com" <bing...@gmail.com>, Karen Anderson <KAnd...@strategicairandspace.com>, Bing Chen <bch...@unl.edu>
Cc: Alisa N Gilmore <agil...@unl.edu>, Nealy Grandgenett <ngrand...@unomaha.edu>, Dennis Hanley <dha...@unomaha.edu>, Derrick Nero <dn...@unomaha.edu>, James Wolfe <jbw...@unomaha.edu>
Subject: NE Robotics Expo-Information for Exhibitors

Good morning,

This Saturday, February 21, 2015 the Nebraska Robotics Expo will be held at the Strategic Air and Space Museum in Ashland, NE (I-80 W, Exit 426). This year's event will begin at 8:00am, with opening ceremonies  at 8:30am, followed by competition activities from 9:00am to 5:00pm.  Exhibitors are invited to display from 9:00am to 4:00pm and are welcome to set up the day before on Friday, Feb. 20th at the museum, between 11:00am and 5:00pm, or you may begin setting up the morning of the event beginning at 7:30am.

Exhibitors will have tables along the Mezzanine overlooking Hangar A. Look for the sheet of paper on the table with your organization's name on it. Plastic tablecloths are provided, but you may wish to bring your own. There is access to power along the mezzanine; however, there are a very limited number of extension cords at the museum, so please bring your own extension cords and/or power strips for the day.

Exhibitors will not need a VIP pass. The front desk at the museum will have a list of which organizations will be exhibiting, so just let them know you are an exhibitor when you come to set-up. I will be there Friday and early Saturday to help direct exhibitors as well. Parking will fill up fast so you may wish to get there as close to 7:30am as possible.

Lunch options include a $6 lunch from We'll Smoke You BBQ, served in the Restoration Hangar, as well as the Plane Food restaurant and satellite stations. Please bring cash.

Please forward to others in your organization who will be exhibiting but are not on this contact email list.

Thank you!

Amelia Squires

UNO STEM Outreach Coordinator

College of Education | Roskens Hall 405a

University of Nebraska at Omaha | www.unomaha.edu

402.554-3995

asqu...@unomaha.edu

Chamelaeon Wombatowski

Feb 20, 2015, 9:02:32 PM2/20/15
to OMG Mailing List
I'll be there. Are we meeting at the space first, or driving separately, and what time do we plan to be there?

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire - An event for everyone!
September 19, 2015 - 9a - 5p
Omaha Children's Museum - www.omahamakerfaire.com

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.

Eric J. Kaplan

Feb 20, 2015, 9:09:34 PM2/20/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I was thinking we should meet at the space first, to load up. And folks are welcome to ride with me.

We need to leave OMG by 7:30. I'll be there between 7 and 7:15.

Thanks!

Sent from Eric's iPhone

<6051E3E0-878B-4761-8429-C9CF95D8083F[3].png>

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire - An event for everyone!
September 19, 2015 - 9a - 5p
Omaha Children's Museum - www.omahamakerfaire.com

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.

Chamelaeon Wombatowski

Feb 20, 2015, 9:10:23 PM2/20/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Sounds good. I'll be there around the same time.

Patrick Joseph

Feb 22, 2015, 5:51:23 PM2/22/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Hello gents and ladies,

I used a DC regulator circuit on the Bike Powered generator that
I brought to the Mini Maker Faire last year.
I've been looking for one that I could build that would have a higher
power output.
This is the circuit that I used last year. The hand drawn one that
uses a Darlington Pair transistor.
http://www.reuk.co.uk/LM317-High-Current-Voltage-Regulator.htm

They also show one that uses 2N3055 transistors, but

and I've found one that worked

Patrick Joseph

Feb 22, 2015, 5:56:56 PM2/22/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Sorry about the incomplete message from earlier.

They also show one that uses 2N3055 transistors, but I couldn't get it to work with the DoCircuit simulator.
http://www.reuk.co.uk/LM317-Adjustable-Power-Supply.htm

The circuit that I used last year works fine in the simulator.
Could someone look over the 2N3055 circuit to see if there any flaws.  I have the parts but I haven't put it together yet.

Thanks.