Makerspace Improvements - Attention Keyholders!

Kevin Fusselman

Apr 8, 2017, 12:05:14 PM4/8/17
to OMG
Hey all, just a few notes about the ongoing improvements to your makerspace.

Electronic access control is ready to go, pending finishing distribution of new keyfobs to our keyholders.  If you're a keyholder and there's any way you could show up for the meeting on Tuesday night (April 11th) to collect your new keyfob, it'd be appreciated.  I'd like to have that up and running in the near future.  The big benefit here is that we'll have better control of lost and stolen keys, reducing risk. Thanks to Ben, James, Brandon and Garrick for their assistance on Thursday!

Bathroom upgrades are ongoing, and painting should (hopefully) be wrapping up today.  Please excuse the mess while this is in progress.  Thanks again to Caleb for spearheading this effort!  The rest of the upgrades and cleanup will follow shortly. Please excuse the mess during this phase of the project.

Workbench repainting painting is now complete.  All of the rolling and fixed, particleboard topped benches in the main workspace have a fresh coat of fancy floor paint.  The last coat lasted over 5 years, so they were due. Thanks to Dave for his help with that.

The member storage migration is also complete, as of this past Thursday. Empty boxes are in pretty limited supply, but the intent is to build another shelving unit on short order. In the meantime, I'll pick up some more empty boxes. Until the second shelf is done, they can be stacked under rolling benches where the blue totes used to be.

One last reminder - We now have a (very small) monthly stipend for consumables for tools and other general supplies. While it can't cover "everything", please email to...@omahamakergroup.org if you notice that we're out of anything.  The more general-use the "anything" is, the more likely that there's room in the budget for it.  We typically buy things like lightbulbs, toilet paper, sewing needles, refills for the water cooler and saw blades.  Things that are much cheaper in quantity or that are difficult to "bring your own" are particularly strong candidates.

As always, if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to email me with questions.

Thanks, and happy making!

Caleb Nachtigall

Apr 8, 2017, 5:49:30 PM4/8/17
to Omaha Maker Group
2nd coat of paint is on as of this morning at 10. Barring touch up after the drywall work, we should be done. I'll reassemble fixtures on Tuesday before the meeting. Feel free to flip the box fan off I have in there if you happen to be in the space between now and Tues.

Also, does anyone have drywall mud and about 6 square feet of drywall hanging around their garage/basement that they could bring in on Tuesday? We have to replace some in the bathroom due to water damage.

Kevin Fusselman

Apr 8, 2017, 6:00:21 PM4/8/17
to Omaha Maker Group

We have some mud at the space. I'll bring tape.

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

tavshed

Apr 10, 2017, 6:21:05 PM4/10/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Will the front door work with one of these?

- Mike

Kevin Fusselman

Apr 10, 2017, 6:23:00 PM4/10/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com

The reader is 125khz. We've had no luck so far with any other rfid cards folks have tried.

David Knaack

Kevin Fusselman

Donald D. Cross

Apr 10, 2017, 9:45:15 PM4/10/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Maybe install a fire hydrant and pin it to that?

Caleb Nachtigall

Apr 11, 2017, 5:53:33 PM4/11/17
to Omaha Maker Group
Bathroom has been partially reassembled. Door is back on, the toilet paper holder is mounted, and all the tools have been put away. I didn't Mount the paper towel holder and the soap dispenser yet because I'm not sure exactly where we're going to put the vanity and the mirror. I'd hang around and do more but I think I'm coming down with something and need to head home to get some sleep.

Kevin Fusselman

Apr 11, 2017, 11:27:08 PM4/11/17
to Omaha Maker Group

Bathroom looks great, Caleb, thank you!

With Omaha Mini Maker Faire this weekend (Saturday at Do Space, come see us!), final reassembly of the bathroom is currently scheduled for next Thursday. In the meantime, things are fully functional.