TESLA COIL DEMO

Garrick Gorden

May 8, 2017, 3:52:25 PM5/8/17
to Omaha Maker Group
The long wait for the TESLA COIL demo is finally here! Come and see the tesla coil working this Tuesday 5/9/17 (twomarow) weather permitting. it will be a shocking experience! Demo will start at sunset or just before.

Jeff

May 9, 2017, 12:05:17 PM5/9/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
It's poetry in motion, you'll be blinding us with science.

Jeff
-Sent from phone-

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

Garrick Gorden

May 9, 2017, 12:06:12 PM5/9/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Yes if I get off work on time

Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---

David Knaack

May 9, 2017, 12:23:34 PM5/9/17
to OMG
What time are you thinking?

I'm double-booked, hoping I can make both events.

On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Garrick Gorden <www.go...@gmail.com> wrote:
The long wait for the TESLA COIL demo is finally here! Come and see the tesla coil working this Tuesday 5/9/17 (twomarow) weather permitting. it will be a shocking experience! Demo will start at sunset or just before.

Garrick Gorden

May 9, 2017, 2:31:54 PM5/9/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I will start around sunset

Brandon Mehl

May 9, 2017, 3:08:57 PM5/9/17
to Omaha Maker Group
Oooh! I got an early preview and it was impressive.

Garrick Gorden

May 9, 2017, 6:16:02 PM5/9/17
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Apparently I still have 3 more calls to do I doubt I'll get off in time to come do the Tesla coil demo tonight

Kevin Fusselman

Aug 20, 2017, 7:58:46 PM8/20/17
to OMG
I finally caught up with Garrick yesterday, and the long awaited TESLA COIL demo is now scheduled to coincide with the Founding Day festivities on August 29th! (weather permitting, of course)

In Garrick's own words, "It will be a shocking experience!"

Dinner starts around 6, awards at 7, and dessert thereafter.   The Tesla Coil demo starts "around dark", probably shortly after 8pm. Additionally, Eric and I have come up with a few interesting things for a raffle, so we'll be drawing for that at some point as well.

Please RSVP below, indicating whether you'll attend for dinner, dessert, both or neither.  I probably need to order food by Friday, so if folks could be RSVP'd by the 25th, that'd be helpful.  Even if your answer is "no dinner and no dessert" (Just Tesla Coil), please RSVP anyhow so we can make sure to have enough drinks and chairs and stuff.

One final reminder, this is an "open house"-type event, and members are encouraged to bring guests. It's a great opportunity to invite your Maker-inclined friends, family and co-workers to see what the Omaha Maker Group is all about.  Just make sure hey RSVP so we have enough food :)

Kevin Fusselman

Aug 25, 2017, 2:55:23 PM8/25/17
to OMG
Okay gang, one last call for RSVPs before I place the food order.  Based on the responses, we'll be doing the pulled pork sandwiches again this year.

The long awaited TESLA COIL demo is now scheduled to coincide with the Founding Day festivities on August 29th! (weather permitting, of course)  In Garrick's own words, "It will be a shocking experience!"

Remember, dinner starts around 6, awards at 7, and dessert thereafter. The Tesla Coil demo starts "around dark", probably shortly after 8pm. Additionally, Eric and I have come up with a few interesting things for a raffle, so we'll be drawing for that at some point as well.

Please RSVP below, indicating whether you'll attend for dinner, dessert, both or neither. I probably need to order food by Friday, so if folks could be RSVP'd by the 25th, that'd be helpful. Even if your answer is "no dinner and no dessert" (Just Tesla Coil), please RSVP anyhow so we can make sure to have enough drinks and chairs and stuff.

https://goo.gl/forms/vwAKXQjRkAGilReB2

One final reminder, this is an "open house"-type event, and members are encouraged to bring guests. It's a great opportunity to invite your Maker-inclined friends, family and co-workers to see what the Omaha Maker Group is all about. Just make sure hey RSVP (TODAY!!!) so we have enough food :)

Don

Aug 25, 2017, 7:57:19 PM8/25/17
to Kevin Fusselman, OMG

Oh yeah - count me in.