Presentation on Tuesday!

Eric J Kaplan

Jan 28, 2018, 6:47:08 PM1/28/18
to OMG Mailing List
Hi everyone!

As I mentioned recently, we have a great presentation scheduled for the Tuesday, January 30th.

Meaghan Walls is President and CEO of an organization called Assistology. She works to use assistive technology to give physically-challenged individuals access to things you and I use everyday.

One area she really focuses in on is a nonprofit initiative call Go Baby Go that takes Power Wheels cars and adapts them so all kids can get the driving experience, regardless of their physical challenges. There are some great opportunities to volunteer with this group to innovate, play, hack, and make - all to benefit kids!

Meaghan will tell us all about it! Considering we’re making a great start to our Power Wheels racer, the timing is perfect.

I hope you can make it out! Doors open by 5:30 and we’ll get started with Meaghan around 7. Hope to see you there!!

== Eric ==

Sent from my iPad

Kevin Fusselman

Jan 28, 2018, 8:07:46 PM1/28/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
For reference:

Looks not too unlike things we're doing, though I suspect they're a bit easier on the batteries :)

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

Leave lurking behind — come visit the Omaha Maker Group's studio at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha, NE (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC

www.omahamakergroup.org
---

Eric J. Kaplan

Jan 28, 2018, 8:10:08 PM1/28/18
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Yep! I’m excited to show her the great progress y’all have made on the new car.

Sent from Eric's iPhone