DX order is 7 days overdue. cause for alarm?

Dave Thacker

Feb 17, 2015, 7:29:37 AM2/17/15
to omaha-maker-group
I received a shipment notification from DX on Jan 23rd.   I thought I'd see the merchandise by 2/15. This is my first order with them, what's a reasonable expectation?  Cheers!

Dave

--
Dave Thacker
SysAdmin, DBA, Postmaster, Maker, Odd Jobs

Kevin Fusselman

Feb 17, 2015, 7:56:46 AM2/17/15
to omaha-maker-group
I've found that it's best to forgo expectations when ordering from DX.  Ben probably has a more detailed analysis, but I think anything less than a month is pretty timely for them, all things considered. (and sometimes you''ll be surprised, when your package is the last one into the container before it ships, and you unexpectedly receive it in 5 days.)

--
Support Omaha Maker Group with purchases you make anyway. Shop Amazon using our Affiliates link, and OMG receives a portion of the proceeds. http://amzn.to/1f3i3ve

2015 Omaha Mini Maker Faire - An event for everyone!
September 19, 2015 - 9a - 5p
Omaha Children's Museum - www.omahamakerfaire.com

Leave lurking behind — come visit us at the Makery at 8410 K Street, #5, Omaha (just off 84th & L). We’re nice, we promise. http://bit.ly/1dKnTmC
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Omaha Maker Group" group.

Steve Sanders

Feb 17, 2015, 11:37:45 AM2/17/15
to Omaha Maker Group
I heard there's major problems with shipping backing up at the port in LA due to some kind of labor / management dispute.  Some are saying it's kind of a strike where the workers show up but work as slow as they can get away with, while others are saying that management deliberately cut everybody's hours (from 24/7/361 to M-F 8-5) and removed a bunch of the resources they need to move the containers from the ships to the trucks.  Whatever's actually going on I bet it's going to take awhile to sort it all out.

Oran Belgrave

Feb 17, 2015, 12:18:44 PM2/17/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
In my experience I have never received an on time order from dx, some taking over 3 months and some never arriving at all. On the other hand, my brother has never had a problem with them and get his orders incredibly fast. So I really have no idea what goes on at dx. Just my experiences with them:)

Dan Linder

Feb 17, 2015, 12:24:01 PM2/17/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Does DX have an European distribution center?  If so, that could account for a quick delivery to some but not to others.

Dan
--
***************** ************* *********** ******* ***** *** **
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Ben Hutcheson

Feb 17, 2015, 1:03:33 PM2/17/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
The only thing I can say about DX timeliness is that I've never paid for something and failed to receive it eventually.  Beyond that, all bets are off - half the fun in buying random weird stuff from them is that by the time it arrives, I've forgotten all about it and it's like a gift from past-me.

Oran Belgrave

Feb 17, 2015, 2:13:16 PM2/17/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
Exactly.

peter storonskij

Feb 17, 2015, 2:19:21 PM2/17/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
I have ordered from them a few times and they take awhile most of the parts got to me a month or up to 6 weeks from the time I order it on rare occasions it gets here 2 moths later. if you want it faster you have to pay for expedited shipping
peter.

peter storonskij

Feb 17, 2015, 2:36:45 PM2/17/15
to omaha-ma...@googlegroups.com
they stated that it takes them 7 to 14 days of processing before they ship
and they also have a us warehouse but you have to order from them

Dave Thacker

Feb 18, 2015, 10:18:54 AM2/18/15
to omaha-maker-group
Of course I got home from the meeting last night and had a registered mail pick up slip from the Post Office.  Yep, it was the DX order.  The postmarks on the package are from the Netherlands.

Dave