Thanks for coming out + Next Up + Call for Speakers

Michael Prendergast

Jan 13, 2015, 1:54:07 PM1/13/15
to Ottawa Ruby
Hey everyone,

Thanks for coming out to last week's Web Project Night!

Here's an action shot of the night:

1. What's up next?

1.1 January 27th - Ruby Tuesday

We currently have two Lightning Talks scheduled for January's Ruby Tuesday, and we're looking for a main talk:

    i. Lightning Talk: Xander Miller will be continuing his series on Active Record Associations with Part 3. In this talk, he'll be showing us another relationship and how to use it in practice by adding it into his fictional dating site: Timber.

   ii. Lightning Talk: Cory Darby will be giving us a Lightning Talk on his experiences contributing to Open Source over the past few months.

  iii. Main Talk: None yet... if you'd be up for one this month (or for a Lightning Talk), feel free to let us know here.

See the details and RSVP here.

1.2 February 3rd - Web Project Night

The next Web Project Night is on February 3rd, at 6:30pm.

It's open to anyone working on the web, so feel free to invite your friends!

There's no minimum skill level requirement -- it's totally beginner friendly.

2. Looking for speakers

Have something you'd like to teach to the group? Would you like to show something of interest to your fellow developers? We'd love to have more of the local Ottawa Ruby community give talks. If you think you'd be up for it, we have a number of openings over the next few months:

  • January 27th
  • February 24th
  • March 24th
  • April 28th

Interested? Let us know by replying via email, or through this Ottawa Ruby Talk Proposal form.

Thanks again everyone. We hope to see you at Ruby Tuesday and Web Project Night.

Thanks,
The Ottawa Ruby Team