Tomorrow at 6:30pm: Pizza, drinks and Pushing Left Like a Boss

Michael Prendergast

Jun 27, 2017, 10:58:09 AM6/27/17
to Ottawa Ruby
Hey all,

1. Agenda

Tanya's talk starts at 7pm. From 6:30pm to 7pm, there will be mingling over pizza and drinks, kindly sponsored by Fullscript, so try to be there for 6:30pm. :)

2. Plan on attending?

Please RSVP here to let us know so we can plan things out.

3. Call for speakers

We're looking for speakers/topics. If you're up for giving a talk, please feel free to either hit reply, or let us know via the Ottawa Ruby Talk Proposal form.

We hope to see you all there!

Thanks,
The Ottawa Ruby Team

P.S., here's the abstract for Tanya's talk:

Talk Abstract:

With incident response and penetration testing currently receiving most of our application security dollars, it would appear that industry has decided to treat the symptom instead of the disease.  “Pushing left” refers to starting security earlier in the Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC); addressing the problem throughout the process.  From scanning your code with a vulnerability scanner to red team exercises, developer education programs and bug bounties, this talk will show you how to ‘push left', like a boss.

Want to attend this talk on Wednesday? RSVP here:

Tanya's Bio:

Tanya Janca [Twitter (@shehackspurple) | LinkedIn] is an application security evangelist, a web application penetration tester and vulnerability assessor, trainer, public speaker, an ethical hacker, the Co-Leader of the OWASP Ottawa chapter, an effective altruist and has been developing software since the late 90’s.  She has worn many hats and done many things, including; Web App PenTesting, Technical Training, Custom Apps, Ethical Hacking, COTS, Incident Response, Enterprise Architect, Project and People Management, and even Tech Support.  She is currently helping the Government of Canada secure their web applications.