Iversoft is hiring multiple positions (Back/Front-End Web + Design + Mobile + Biz Dev)

Michael Prendergast

Mar 3, 2016, 11:09:08 AM3/3/16
to Ottawa Ruby
Hi everyone,

Iversoft is hiring a for multiple positions:
  1. Visual Designer
  2. Front-End Web Developer
  3. Back-End Web Developer
  4. Junior Mobile Developer
  5. Business Development (remote, off-site)
You can see these postings at http://www.iversoft.ca/careers/ .

Details for the Back-End Web Developer are below:

---- Snip ----

Back-End Web Developer

At Iversoft, the Web Developer is key to the delivery of web-based projects and components of projects including Content Management Systems (CMS), web-apps, responsive websites, and more. You’ll work with our full production team on both custom Client and games promotion projects with a variety of exciting challenges and solutions. We’re an Agile team – so you should enjoy doing iterative work and always seek to improve the quality of your work.

Since you’re working in production – you should also include a link to your portfolio/examples of your work in your application.

This is a temporary contract role, with potential for full-time, permanent employment.

Responsibilities

  • Work closely with the production and business development teams to deliver web-based Client and internal projects

  • Own and refine the web-development process from concept to delivery

  • Obsessively seek to stand out with quality - from performance, to accessibility, compatibility and rendering fidelity

  • Take part in Client meetings as needed - and always seek to better understand their goals, needs and wants

Requirements

  • 2-3 years professional, back-end web development experience - in either a freelance or in-office setting

  • Great communication skills – both within your team and externally with Clients

  • Strong database architecture skills, as well as knowledge of server technologies like AWS

  • Proficient in a major back-end framework: Ruby-on-Rails or PHP-based, such as Laravel

  • A focus on UX: you don't code anything without considering how it may be impacted

  • Critical thinking skills – we like to challenge one another to build the best solutions possible

  • A strong understanding of how front- and back-end development complement each other and the limitations, challenges and opportunities of them working together

  • Knowledge of and experience with Git source control

  • Strong problem solving skills and the patience to go along with it

  • Ability to translate app screens into an efficient database structure and API request layout

Nice-to-haves

  • A degree or diploma in interactive/web application development or programming

  • Working knowledge of WordPress, Drupal, Symfony, or other CMS' and content frameworks

  • Familiar with Agile project management, and managing other people

  • Familiar with design principals – from user research, to visual and interaction design

  • Experience with accessibility standards, specifically as they related to AODA/WCAG

  • Full-stack web-app experience with LAMP or MEAN stacks

To apply for this position:

Please send your application including cover letter, resume, and portfolio (if applicable) to jobs [at] iversoft [dot] ca with the subject line "Back-End Web Developer".

Additionally - in order for your application to be considered, please include a Simpsons character in the subject line. Applications not meeting this criteria may not be considered.

---- End Snip ----

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Iversoft, nor am I being paid for sending this out or for anything that results from these emails. Just was asked to help spread the word, and thought it could benefit someone in the group.