CoVenture is hiring Full-Stack Ruby/Python/Node.js Devs (junior/intermediate/senior level)

Michael Prendergast

Jun 29, 2016, 9:41:19 AM6/29/16
to Ottawa Ruby
Hi all,

CoVenture is hiring Full-Stack Software Developers at the Junior, Intermediate and Senior level.

They're looking for people with 1-5 years of professional software development experience, preferably in Ruby on Rails, Python or Node.js.

Details below:

---- Snip ----

TL;DR on Positions at CoVenture

CoVenture is looking to hire Full Stack Software Developers that have experience in web programming (junior/intermediate/senior level), are eager to work across multiple portfolio companies, enjoy the rush of early stage companies along with the complexities and flexibility that brings, and want to work on 0 to 1 technology.

We’re looking for big thinkers, big dreamers, and risk takers.

About CoVenture

CoVenture is a Venture Capital firm that helps startups build the first iteration of their software product and hire their first developer. CoVenture currently has three portfolio startups looking to hire developers.  CoVenture provides common workspace for both our team of developers and our startup’s developers so they can work in a fun and collaborative environment.

At CoVenture, you'll spend your days solving a wide variety of exciting product and business problems. This includes new product development, data models, scaling and infrastructure challenges, and growth initiatives. You will constantly be challenged to learn new technologies, and be given the freedom to tackle problems on your own and learn by doing alongside a great and experienced team of investors, founders, and engineers.

If interested, please submit your resume or any questions you have to: brandon [at] coventure [dot] vc

More about the positions:
  • You will be responsible for developing and delivering high-impact, high-quality, well-tested software
  • You will solve problems across all areas of the business and not be siloed into a narrow area of focus
  • You will own your own goals and be accountable to the work you accomplish and how it positively impacts the business
  • You will collaborate with the engineering team of both CoVenture and other Portfolio startups, allowing you to learn even more and solve complex problems

About you:
  • You have 1-5 years of professional software development experience, preferably in Ruby on Rails, Node.js, or Python
  • You understand the agile development process
  • You have a strong understanding of computer science (either from a university degree or otherwise)
  • You have built web software and can explain the nuances of delivering scalable systems
  • You know how the Git workflow works and have used it to deliver code
  • You have worked in agile development environments

Bonus points:
  • You like analytics and have worked with various collection and reporting tools (e.g., mix panel, google analytics)
  • Knowledge of UI/UX and design
  • Tech startup experience

With CoVenture you will get:
  • Growth potential - we have a network and aren’t afraid to use it to help you connect with new mentors and grow
  • Competitive compensation
  • Health/Dental benefits

Interested?

Feel free to reach out to brandon [at] coventure [dot] vc.

---- End Snip ----

Hope this helps some folks!
The Ottawa Ruby Team

Disclaimer: I am not associated with CoVenture, nor am I being paid for sending this out or for anything that results from these emails. Just was asked to help spread the word, and thought it could benefit someone in the group.