Pin Up - Calendrier Culturel is looking for Rails Developers for a paid contract

Michael Prendergast

Feb 18, 2015, 12:08:11 PM2/18/15
to Ottawa Ruby
Hi everyone,

Pin Up - Calendrier Culturel has a paid contract opportunity to work on their cultural community project, and they're looking for Ruby on Rails Developers fill their positions.

Here are the details:

---- Snip ----

Hello!

We are looking for Ruby on Rails developers for a project called "Pin Up - Calendrier Culturel" that's already got 3 months under its belt and needs that extra boost to go from a beta stage to a great product.

The project consists of putting together a comprehensive, collective cultural events calendar for the Ottawa/Gatineau region.

We say collective because we are working with other players such as Apt613, CouchAssassin, OttawaShowbox and others in order to try to create a shareable tool to centralize listings across different sites.

We say comprehensive because we want to harness the power of new web development technology (or relatively new, with Ruby - still) to automate part of the process of gathering event data for publishing in the listing, with scraping.

We've been working the cultural community for 6 months now, met with over two dozen cultural community leaders and businesspeople, and with a product to show, we could be in line for a sustainable source of revenue to pay for ongoing development.

For the time being we are looking for a developer to work with us on a paid contract basis - we'll be looking at specific functionalities that we want to add to the site, and will be negotiating contracts based on the work required to achieve that.

This is also an opportunity to become involved in the very inception of what could one day become a large endeavour, so there are other potential future benefits aside from the contract pay - at the very least, you'll become involved and acquainted with Ottawa's flourishing cultural scene.

Please get in touch if this would interest you philipp...@gmail.com - thanks for your time!

---- End Snip ----

Interested? Reach out to Philippe at philipp...@gmail.com with questions or to apply.

Thanks,
The Ottawa Ruby Team

Disclaimer: I am not associated with this company, and am not being paid for sending this out. Just was asked to do so, and thought it could benefit someone in the group.