Cdling is looking for a Lead Front End Engineer

Michael Prendergast

Feb 5, 2015, 5:09:18 PM2/5/15
to Ottawa Ruby
Hey everyone,

So, this isn't a Ruby position, but there are a lot of really talented Front End developers who are a part of Ottawa Ruby, so we figured it would be good to send this out, in case it can help someone.

Cdling is looking for a Lead Front End Engineer to join their team. Details below.

---- Snip ----

Cdling (pronounced "seedling") is looking for a Lead Front End Developer who will anchor our team and own our user experience, engagement and growth.

About Us:

Our driving technologies are big data and social network analysis, prediction markets, gamification and virtual currency. We add data and analysis to professional and startup profiles so you can get past the buzzwords and instantly understand quality.

Our customers are Innovators - startups, investors, and knowledge workers. Our market is billions of business people, in more than 250 million businesses, in 1,000s of markets.

Business people trust Cdling to match their interests and expertise and measure expert opinions to reduce risk and speed transactions.

We sell automated reports and analysis solving these problems:
  • search & discovery
  • social proof
  • due diligence

About You:
  • You think like a user, code like a hacker and work like an owner.

  • Have an interest in employing a/b testing / split testing to improve key metrics, such as funnel optimization and per user engagement.

  • Have a commitment to user-centered design, web standards, usability, and accessibility

Technical requirements:
  • Experience with Javascript MV* frameworks such as AngularJS, Ember, Knockout, or Backbone

  • Familiar with modern javascript libraries such as D3.js, react.js, browserify

  • Comfort with styling HTML with CSS, Stylus, SASS, or LESS

  • Experience working with data-handling via AJAX, JSON, REST APIs and websockets

  • Familiarity with responsive UI frameworks such as Twitter Bootstrap or Zurb Foundation

  • Experience with front-end build automation tools such as grunt, gulp

  • Experience with package managers such as npm, and bower for managing dependencies

  • Familiarity with front end unit and e2e testing tools like karma, Mocha, Jasmine, protractor, phantomjs, Selenium etc.

  • You have a passion for learning the latest technologies and continue to research and evaluate new tools and plugins.

There's a job posting online here that may have additional information.

---- End Snip ----

Interested? Reach out to Michael Cayley at mic...@cdling.com with any questions you may have, or to apply.

Thanks, hope this helps someone,
The Ottawa Ruby Team

P.S. Disclaimer: We are not associated with Cdling, and we are not being paid for sending this out. We were just asked to help spread the word, and thought it could benefit someone in the group.