Tonight is Ruby Tuesday (6:30pm): How to go From Wanna-preneur to Full Stack Founder on Rails

Michael Prendergast

Jul 28, 2015, 12:10:54 PM7/28/15
to Ottawa Ruby
Hi everyone,

Quick reminder that Ruby Tuesday is tonight at 6:30pm, where Ben Thomson will be showing us "How to go from Wanna-preneur to Full Stack Founder on Rails."

Here's the description:

---- Snip ----

From Wanna-preneur to Full Stack Founder on Rails

Have you ever thought about starting your own startup?

I’m guessing you have, but there’s something holding you back – like lack of time, money, business skills, technical skills, or cofounder.

In the past year, I’ve confronted all of these and have learned a lot.  I’ll share my story about how I left my job and bootstrapped in Thailand.  AND, given this is a Ruby meetup, I’ll share how I learned technical skills to go from knowing nothing about basic things like ‘what is HTML’ to having an MVP I’ve designed and built myself.

Hopefully you'll get something out of it for yourself – especially if you are new to coding.

And if you have some tips of your own about how to go from idea to execution to shipping an MVP – I’m really eager to hear them.

This may be a good chance to send the invite to your non-techie friends who keep bugging you to help them build an idea.  Maybe they can learn how to do it themselves.

---- End Snip ----

Sounds like a great talk! Come on out to hear about Ben's journey, and learn how to build your skills up to being a full stack founder on Rails!

Let us know you're coming: RSVP here.

Hope to see you there!

Thanks,
The Ottawa Ruby Team