Scale is looking for a CTO

Michael Prendergast

Apr 7, 2015, 1:47:12 PM4/7/15
to Ottawa Ruby
Hi everyone,

Scale is looking for a CTO with experience in Ruby on Rails. Here are the details:

---- Snip ----

Brief

Do you like writing mean and clean Ruby code? Do you like working on visionary technologies that impact millions. Come join our team and help us build amazing things.

We’re looking for someone with a passion for programming and for writing beautiful code.  You will join a team of exceptional professionals working in a fast-paced environment to deliver world-class software.

Responsibilities

  • Write clean, maintainable and efficient code

  • Design robust, scalable and secure features

  • Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle

  • Follow best practices (test-driven development, continuous integration, SCRUM, refactoring, code standards)

  • Drive continuous adoption and integration of relevant new technologies into design

Requirements
  • BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject

  • Proven working experience in developing applications with Ruby on Rails

  • Proven working experience in software development

  • Demonstrable knowledge of front-end technologies such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS & JQuery

  • Experience developing highly interactive applications

  • A firm grasp of object oriented analysis and design

  • Passion for writing great, simple, clean, efficient code

  • Good knowledge of relational databases

  • Working knowledge of NoSQL databases

Nice to have

  • WordPress

  • Database Management

  • HTML5

  • Experience building recommendation engines

---- End Snip ----

Interested? Feel free to reach out to in...@scaleproject.co with questions, or to apply.

Hope this helps someone.

Thanks, hope everyone had a great Easter weekend,
The Ottawa Ruby Team

P.S. Disclaimer: I am not associated with Scale, nor am I being paid for sending this out. Just asked to help spread the word, and thought it could benefit someone in the group.