#1 Shopping OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax reviews

bobbidw...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2014, 5:31:36 AM6/22/14
to offic...@googlegroups.com
Deals "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax" best product for you

Want Read Reviews Of "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax" ?.

You are looking for "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax"?
We offer quality products "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax"
We strive to offer quality products, leaving you satisfied. Please change comparing prices before buying so that you will draw your quality products and cheap...

"OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax" 7.7 out of 10. based on 289 ratings

Check Price Update Read More Reviews

OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax Detail & Feature

  • Collaborative features which allow its phone ports to work together as a mini-phone system.
  • High Quality Voice over IP Technology
  • Built-In Router with QoS for VoIP Traffic Prioritization

We Recommend "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax"

  • You have to make sure you will get the best price by comparing OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax price over the online source
  • You have to make sure you are dealing with the most reliable shop or store before buying "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax"
  • Research well before purchasing online OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax
  • Make sure the store keep your personal information private before you buy OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax
  • Make sure you can proceed credit card online to buyOBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax and the store protects your information from fraudulents
  • Make sure the customer support is always there to help you when you placeOBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax order with them

  • Get Information OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax"

    OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax: Summary

    Free Calls with Your Home & Small Business Phones Use your existing corded or cordless phone(s) and your broadband Internet to make and receive calls over the Internet for free (or at a very low-cost). Via the OBi202's two (2) on-board phone connections, you have the power make and receive phone calls using VoIP services for a fraction of the cost a traditional phone company would charge. The OBi202 supports up to four (4) VoIP services like Anveo, Callcentric, VoIP.ms or a multitude of SIP Internet phone services as well as calls to other OBi endpoints via Obihai's free OBiTALK network. The OBi202 also supports the T.38 fax standard for reliable facsimile calls over the Internet. The OBi202 is equipped with a 2-port router with integrated quality of service (QoS). The OBi202 may be installed in a variety of network environments and/or locations where upstream voice traffic needs to be prioritized above other types of traffic like web surfing and uploading pictures and movies. The OBi202 USB port serves multiple purposes when used with Obihai USB accessory products. Using the OBiWiFi Wireless Adapter, the OBi202 can be placed anywhere within range of an 802.11b/g/n access point. The OBiBT Bluetooth wireless adapter allows a USB-equipped OBi device to pair with a mobile phone so you can place calls and answer calls using any standard home phones connected to the OBi. The OBiBT works with most mobile phones using Bluetooth wireless technology. The OBiLINE adapter allows a USB-equipped OBi device to make calls to a Land-Line Service from Phones Connected to the OBi. View Larger
    If you have planning to buy it within a lower price ? it is best to to check the customer reviews & rates from several outlets. You will be glad to discover how convenient this item may be, and you will probably feel good knowing that this OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax is amongst the best selling product on today.

    "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax" Video

    OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax : Video

    OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax Detail & Feature

  • Collaborative features which allow its phone ports to work together as a mini-phone system.
  • High Quality Voice over IP Technology
  • Built-In Router with QoS for VoIP Traffic Prioritization

  • Be aware that a fantastic online shop usually comes with various positive reviews and you could find virtually the many repayment gateways below. If you are yourself searching for a inexpensive OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax, always understand coming from an internet buy that gives superb discount. Nowadays use many of the online stores are providing discount price and that could be a easy to have it a low-cost price.

    You Can Buy "OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax" Click Here.

    Most helpful customer reviews

    5The best investment in VOIP. Also - no more electronic noise with new firmwares. BTW, GV is still working fine (June 13, 2014)
    By Keen Eye
    I had an OBi110 and soon after buying that I heard that OBi202 is going to be released, so I passed on the OBi110 to a friend.

    This does the job as beautifully as OBI110 did, with great feature of two lines on one little amazing gizmo that OBi202 is. Everything was setup within 5 minutes and it's been great for the short 2 weeks I have had it.

    Only small hitch I have had is that it produces this little electronic noise which I am told is from the conductors inside, perhaps if I move it away from me (it' at 2 feet right now) it will improve.. It's not too bad but it's there, comes and goes.

    Have not tried fax yet, but love the clean little gizmo that this is.

    Edit: Actually the noise is becoming annoying. I still haven't gotten rid of my VOIP.. Will call OBI tomorrow again, and might return if they say this is expected. OBI110 never had this

    Edit2: I just hooked up 2nd GV line to Obi202. It did not take the 2nd line easily, i.e., although I added all of GV infor just like the 1st GV line Obi202 somehow did not connect 2nd GV account. I called the Support and the folks there were extremely friendly, called me back in 15 minutes and told me they fixed the setup at their end on my ObiTalk setup page. It's been working like a champ since then. I am changing my rating to a 4 Star now as the slight noise is still slightly unacceptable.

    BTW, I also transferred my VOIP line to T-Mo and then to GV, I would say it was well worth the $20 + .99 cents I spent on the whole transfer process :)

    Edit3: I am coming back to make it a 5 star review. Afetr moving my obi device behind my monitor somewhere with other 'stuff' like KVM, USB hub etc etc.. I do not hear the noise any more at all. Maybe it was the angle where the obi202 was placed before that caused the pitch the way it was coming. Wife agrees too that there is no noise anymore.

    And both mine and my wife's GV numbers on this one little device are going great. There is a very ocacsional lag but I believe that is because our broadband (though 35mbps) gets overloaded every now and then with the Google TVs, and laptop, tablet and what not runing all the time :)

    Edit4: I had to come back and change the subjct line, there is no more electronic noise with the new firmware.

    Highly recommended !!

    Edit 5: Feb 3rd, 2014
    Sadly, after 2 years of me using Obihai devices Googe Voice support will be removed from all non Google devices and services and will also impact Obihai.

    I have used this device as a work horse for 2-3 years; and just love it. I will find something else to use with it; but wanted to make sure I add this latest info for those looking for GV supported devices. Sad truth is that GV support will be gone for all devices.

    Edit 6 (June 13, 2014)
    In spite of the expected disruption of GV on Obi, it is still working fine as always. No changes, no disruption.

    I plan to keep using GV on Obi (as I use both lines of this device with two GV lines). Should it stop I will move t osome cheap VOIP provider and still be able to use Obi.. Love that this device is not locked to any one provider :)

    5Awesome. Period. I'm saving $2,000 per year with this device!
    By ReneeSD
    OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2-Phone Ports, T.38 Fax - Supports: Google Voice & SIP (Unlocked)

    I realize that this review is rather lengthy, but bear with me, as I think you'll find it worth-it! This is how I use the Obi202 to save $165/month (approximately: $2,000 per year):

    I have a home-based business, so I needed at least 3 different phone numbers: Business line, fax number, and personal-business number. I also wanted a 4th phone number for "strictly-personal" calls to/from friends. Prior to buying the Obi202... it just wasn't financially possible to have-it-all.

    I paid a major land-line company approx $120 a month to have 2 separate land-line phone numbers for business and fax, as well as home internet service. I also paid approx $85/month for unlimited cell/data service for my personal number. I used the cell for both personal-business (like when calling around for quotes on car insurance, or when needing a number to sign up for various online services), AND for strictly-personal calls to/from friends. I found that I rec'd a lot of spam calls on my cell phone when doing this, though!

    So, when the recession hit...my business was affected, and I needed to cut-down on expenses. After hours of internet research, I chose to buy the Obi202 (over the Magic Jack, and others like it). I have been able to cut down the $205 per month internet/phone bills down to JUST $40 ($30 for internet (using Charter Cable) + $10 for cellular service). I haven't even factored in the savings reaped by no longer having to pay for long-distance calls to anywhere in the USA or Canada. I wanted to show how the $2,000 annual savings can be applied to anybody needing a multi-line business system like mine, even if they only made free, local business calls. I still have a business number, a fax number, and a cell phone number, but now I also have a 4th number for those personal-business calls, and I no longer get SPAMMED via my cell phone. ALL using three separate Google Voice numbers with the Obi202! I use T-Mobile's Prepaid $3 PER day plan (runs from midnight - 11:59 pm) with unlimited calls, texts, and 3/4G data. I rarely even use my cell phone anymore, and only gave out my new cell number to family and a few BEST friends...so, they'll know it's me calling from my mobile phone. Now, I spend an average of $9 per month on cell service!

    Granted, that old adage, "It takes money to make money" is true...I had an initial outlay of about $600. The 1st three of the listed devices below = $340 + $60 in GV porting fees, + the $200 Sprint ETF (total = $600), but it took less than four months to recoup the initial outlay of $600; I am now saving a MINIMUM of $165 EACH month (~ $2,000 per year!) and have everything I had before...only even MORE! However, for most people who aren't using the Obi202 for business AND personal calls like I am, the 'initial outlay' is only the $74 paid for the Obi202 device. Most people also already have a 5.8 GHz single-line cordless phone system if they bought a new cordless phone in the last 4-5 years. Some might already have a DECT 6.0 cordless phone if they purchased it in the last couple of years. You'll need either type of phone in order to use GV/VOIP and the Obi202 to it's full potential. So, my $600 initial outlay is based on me just being a 'gadget-queen' and wanting a wireless head-set that worked with a 2-line DECT 6.0 phone system, AND being fed-up with Sprint, so I didn't care about the ETF. You all don't need to get that crazy! Also, if you can wait until your cell phone contract expires...you won't pay an ETF fee.

    I wanted to keep all three of my "old" numbers, especially business and fax numbers, as they are used on all printed materials. But, you can't port land-line numbers into GV, they have to be cell phone numbers. So I ported the two land-line numbers over to T-Mobile (in December 2012--it only cost $0.99 to purchase a SIM card with FREE shipping, when purchased online at TM's site). I purchased three: one for my business number (GV#1), one for my fax number (GV#3), one to go ahead and get a new cell number using T-Mobile on my jail-broken iPhone. I paid Google $20 for each of the two land-line numbers, and another $20 for my old cell phone number to be ported. T-Mobile didn't charge me an 'activation fee' for any of the three phone numbers, nor did they charge me for porting the land-lines ported over to them before re-porting again to GV. I don't know if they are currently charging more than $0.99 for the SIM cards or if they've started charging for either activation or porting service.

    That whole porting process from land-line -> TM -> GV took about 10 days from the day I purchased the SIM cards online, to receiving them, to completion of the porting process for both landlines, first to TM, then to GV. The port from Sprint to GV only took 2 days. NOTE: The employees at GV who do the porting only work Monday-Friday. So, make sure you start the port process no later than on a Tuesday or Wednesday to make sure it's done by Friday.

    CAUTION: If you're terminating your cell phone contract before the 2-year period expires, AND you pay your monthly Sprint bill via their automated payment option--make sure you STOP the automatic withdrawals at least 30 days PRIOR to terminating your Sprint account, AND make one payment AFTER the 30 day period, without using the automated payment system. Doing it this way ensures that the automated payment system is no longer active. Also, make sure to delete the checking account info from the Sprint cell phone site. (Better yet...don't ever choose the automated payment option for any online billing service!) Finally, start the port process with your cell phone provider at least 4-5 days prior to the 1st day of the next billing cycle. I did not know any of this, so failed to make sure that automated payments were rescinded, and ported my number out of Sprint on the last day of my billing cycle--after I paid the balance due for the previous cycle, of course. However, because it takes at least 2 days for GV to finish porting the number in, unbeknownst to me, I STILL had "cell service" until GV finished the port process. Although, I didn't use the cell phone after I contacted Sprint to start the port process and terminate my service...because I was expecting GV to finish the port "at any moment". However, Sprint withdrew the $200 ETF PLUS the entire NEXT month of cell service from my checking account, even though I only had service for 2 days---that I never even used OR realized that I still had! They did this within 2-3 days after the porting process was completed. I called and raised hell about it, but they just referred me to a certain section in the damnable 3-4 page contact, that nobody ever reads, which states that upon early termination, any service fees will not be prorated. The buggers! Had I known then...what I know now, I'd pay them $10 a month to 'pay-off' that ETF, and final cell bill. As long as you make monthly payments every 30 days, they can't "ding" your credit for receiving a late payment of the ETF, AND they can't lock your phone's IMEI number (phone's serial number/internal ID) so that it can't be used on another carrier. I wasn't prepared to have them take out $286 within 3-4 days of taking out the $86 for the most recent bill. I should have known to disable the automatic payments online... prior to terminating the service--but, now YOU know how to do it!

    HERE ARE MY LISTED DEVICES:

    1. Obi202 (Amazon DOES have the best price!)

    2. VTech 2-line phone system (model DS6151). I found the best price for the DS6151 at factoryoutletstore.com. But, a 5.8 GHz or DECT 6.0 single-line cordless phone is really all you need for two GV accounts.

    3. AT&T wireless headset (model TL7810) [I like be able to go outside and, say: garden--while still being able to receive business calls and keep both hands on the task at hand...I couldn't do this before!]. I found the best price at factoryoutletsore.com

    4. All-In-One printer, copier, scanner and FAX. The machine must have it's own dedicated fax/phone jack on the back (I already had this device, and use the HP OfficeJet Pro 8500A). I found the best price at Costco.

    5. Three different gmail accounts set up, so that I could have 3 different GV numbers. I wanted to keep the 3 numbers that I already had...so, as I was willing to pay $20 each to port them over to GV. Otherwise, getting a new GV is free...the only caveat is you MUST have a SEPARATE 2nd number for the new GV to "ring to". The number cannot be the same phone number used to verify any other GV account. Many people only want one GV number, and also want to keep their land-line and/or cell phone service--so for those folks, the following wouldn't apply:

    Google Voice requires a separate "ring-to" number for EACH GV number. You can use your home, cell, and work number as this "ring to" number if you want, since they are all different. You don't need to actually have your GV calls forwarded to any of these numbers in order for GV to work--AFTER it has been set up. Google only asks for a 2nd number for "verification" purposes, which must be a different number used for verification on ANY of your other GV numbers. I've never needed to use a "work" number as a ring-to/verification number, so I am only assuming that using a "work" number may be problematic, unless you are at the number to receive the GV "verification" call when setting up the GV account. If another employee used the work number for the ring-to/verification process and forgot to delete the number in the GV settings, then a 3rd step MAY be required for you to use the same work number--that is IF GV has not made "Work" numbers any different from how they treat using the same "Home" and "Cell" numbers for ring-to/verification purposes--but I won't bother going into it. Remember, you don't really need to use the verification number to forward your GV calls...you just need that 2nd "verification" number in order to acquire a GV number. I think it's Google's way of 'validating' that you are human--by making sure that the GV customer has a separate phone number.

    If you don't have a land-line number AND a cell phone number in order to get two GV numbers (or want to do what I did: port both land-line numbers AND my cell phone number over to GV) then the 'work-around' is to get a free land-line number. I used IPKall.com to get free land-line numbers that are required to be used with a VOIP account. To get a number from IPKall.com, you FIRST need to go to ANY VOIP site to set up an account and create a username. I chose to use iptel.com because, it's free and (fairly) simple to set-up with the Bria phone app. Then, you go to IPKall.com and input that VOIP account username you just created on the VOIP site, to be eligible for the free land-line number. In order to get a 2nd free land-line number from IPKall.com, you MUST WAIT at least 2-4 hours (I wanted to be safe, and waited 24 hours) after getting your first IPKall number. Just set-up a 2nd account on iptel.com and follow the whole process again, before going back to the site to get a second number. When you set-up your GV account, put the IPKall number in as the "ring-to" phone, and your cell phone will ring (if configured properly) so that you can get the verification code. There may be an easier way to do all this, this is just the way I did it. I obtained the two IPKall numbers while I was waiting for my SIM cards to arrive before porting over numbers to GV. BTW, I've since discovered that the GoogleVoice app on the cell phone is much simpler to use AFTER you've set-up your GV numbers. The Bria app is a bit too complicated for dialing outbound calls.

    CAVEAT: You must have at least ONE call forwarded to the IPKall number during each 30 day period---otherwise, you may lose the IPKall number on Day 31, because it goes back into 'the system' as an available phone number for new users. This is important if you use an iPhone app, such as Bria, to make/receive free calls from your iPhone. (I don't know about how Android phones work to make free calls.) For me, I didn't need to worry about the 30 day thing with the IPKall number associated with my fax number(GV3), because I never forward those calls. Subsequently, I "lost" that IPKall number, but now that my GV3 number has been set up, I don't care; apparently, neither does Google! I received an email informing me that my forwarding phone number (from IPKall) had been claimed by another user, but they didn't ask for a new forwarding number. I do keep the 2nd IPKall number associated with GV2 in order to make free calls using my iPhone. This has come in handy whenever I am able to access a free WiFi hotspot (Think: McDonald's) to use my iPhone for free calls/texts. (But, that's a different review!) Finally, my GV1 (business number) gets forwarded to my NEW cell phone number only when I NEED to receive/make business calls on my cell phone when I'm away from the home-office.

    THIS IS HOW I HAVE EVERYTHING HARD-WIRED:

    Again: GV#1 = business number; GV#2 = my old cell phone number; GV#3 = fax number.

    On the back of the OBI202, there are two jacks/ports for a phone cable: 'PHONE 1' and 'PHONE 2'
    On the back of the VTech, there are two jacks/ports: Port 1 = L1/L1+ L2; Port 2 = L2

    I subsequently found out that OBi202's PHONE 1 and PHONE 2 ports are not necessarily tied to hardware system1(VTech) and hardware system2 (HP8500A Fax). This can be a little confusing, especially for those with a 2-Line phone system, AND a fax machine--with three different GV numbers...so read carefully.

    STEP 1: On the Obi202, I run a phone cable from PHONE2 to the dedicated phone jack/port on the back of the fax machine (HP 8500A). However, PHONE2 isn't really just the fax machine. PHONE2 receives incoming calls to the GV3 number, but PHONE2 outgoing calls are made from the GV2 number. See STEP 4 for clarification.

    STEP 2: On the Obi202, I have a 2-jack splitter (purchased at Home Depot for about $2) plugged into PHONE1.
    The splitter has a phone cord running from one of the jacks to the single L1/L2 port on the back of the VTech, and the other jack from the splitter has a phone cord running to the AT&T wireless headset.

    STEP 3: I have the Obi202 set up so that GV1 is LINE1 on the VTech and GV2 in LINE2 on the VTech. When someone calls GV2, there is a distinctive ring so I don't have to rush to answer it, knowing that it's not a business call.

    STEP 4: On your ObiTalk.com control panel, you must decide which GV/SP service that you want to assign as the 'Primary Outgoing' number for each PHONE. Then, you choose which PHONE will ring when someone calls your GV number(s). Although each PHONE can have only one GV/SP number assigned to it as the primary outgoing line, this same GV/SP number doesn't have to ALSO ring to the same PHONE!

    I just figured this all out tonight! This is my current set up for each PHONE1 and PHONE2 on the ObiTalk site:

    PHONE1:
    Primary Outgoing: GV1
    Incoming calls: GV1, GV2

    PHONE2:
    Primary Outgoing: GV2
    Incoming calls: GV3

    When I make business calls on the VTech, I just press LINE1 and dial the number. When I make personal-business calls using GV2, I just press LINE2 on the VTech. When I receive a fax, the fax machine rings. When I want to send a fax, I dial "**3" then the fax number on the HP8500 dial pad, so that the receiver sees my GV3 (fax) number on their CID. This seems obvious, right? But it took me months to figure out how to set up the OBi202 to do this, because I had assumed that since I had the phone cord running from PHONE2 to the fax machine that PHONE2 "WAS" the Fax machine, limiting it to my GV3/fax number. Also, I was told by an Obihai CSR, that there was no way to use 3 different GV numbers, and the OBi202 to work as Line1 and Line2 on a 2-Line phone system if I had a fax machine plugged into PHONE2. I was told that if I wanted to use GV2 that I needed to press Line1 on the VTech, then dial **2 to route the call through GV2. Although it was a little annoying to have the 2nd line of the 2-Line phone system be the same number as my fax machine...I got used to never pressing Line2 on the VTech.

    So, based on what I was told (which made total sense to me!) this is how I had my ObiTalk.com configured for the six months:

    PHONE1:
    Primary Outgoing: GV1
    Incoming calls: GV1, GV2

    PHONE2:
    Primary Outgoing: GV3
    Incoming calls: GV3

    But now that I figured it out....I actually have a working 2-Line phone system!

    I have GV1 set so that receivers ALWAYS see my business number (GV1) on their CID, even if I use my cell phone to make the call. I have set GV2 so that receivers see EITHER my GV2 number or NEW cell number-- depending on who I'm calling, and where I am calling from, OR if I want to use the Bria iPhone app to make free calls using ANY internet access point, either from my home ISP service, or from a HotSpot (again, think: McDonald's).

    BTW, the Bria app would also work anywhere else that had WiFi access. I just use McDonald's as an example, because they are EVERYWHERE...and, using it is free. This is good to know, especially when out-and-about/traveling, but still want to limit paying big-bucks to cell providers when not staying at a WiFi hotel or don't know where to find a cozy coffee-shop or library with free WiFi. You KNOW that you can always find a Mickey-D's!

    HOW I USE MY NEW CELL PHONE NUMBER USING T-MOBILE'S "DAILY" PREPAID PLAN:

    I use T-Mobile's PREPAID $3 PER day plan for unlimited calls, texts and 3/4G data (midnight-11:59 pm). In order to NOT be charged $3--every single day that someone calls or texts that number, I set my iPhone on 'airplane mode' and then turn on the phone's wireless feature so that all calls are routed through my ISP and GV2 and that 3rd IpKall number I mentioned above. Putting the mobile phone on 'airplane mode' is KEY! If you don't do this before 11:59 p.m., then any subsequent call/text sent to the mobile phone number between midnight and 11:59 pm the next day, will automatically activate the $3 charge...and, you've just purchased another 24-hour period, even if the incoming call/text was from someone who dialed a wrong number! So, to be safe, I keep my iPhone on 'airplane mode' all the time, and only disable it when I know that I will need to use the mobile phone to receive business or personal calls when away from my home ISP service. I just make sure to return my phone back to 'airplane mode' before midnight that same day. I normally only have to use the mobile phone in this manner--no more than once a week, if even that often. Thus, my monthly expense for T-Mobile during the last 6 months has always been between $6-$12, and averages around $9.

    Yes, I had to re-train myself to not be so tied to my cell phone...and have more patience, by returning/making calls from home, rather than when 'out-on-the-road', but it really wasn't that difficult. In fact, with the money I've saved, I bought an Android 7" tablet (Hyundai T7s directly from China. The tablet is MUCH better AND cheaper than the Nexus 7--but, that's also a different review!), and I'll probably just pay T-Mobile $20 a month for a 'data-only tablet plan'. By doing this, I can use the Bria app with my iPhone for unlimited FREE calls/texts, and won't have to pay a separate $3/day prepaid cell phone plan. I've just not figured out how to fully use the tablet yet, since I only received it a few days ago, and am also a unfamiliar with the Android iOS. But, I'm sure it can be done...so that as long as I have the iPhone and 7" tablet in my purse/car at the same time....I can use the tablet as a HotSpot/access-point for cell phone usage.

    So, that's it. Whew! If the 'time-spent' that it took me researching on how to set up "my system" was 'money-lost', then it wouldn't have been so cost-effective. That's why I took the time to write such a detailed review. Hopefully, YOU will benefit by saving both TIME and MONEY. Now that Obihai updated their software, the calls have been crystal-clear on every single call. Buy the Obi202, and say, 'good riddance' to expensive land-lines and cellular companies...forever!

    As an aside, there are rumors that Google may start charging for their GV service, 'sometime in the future'. I doubt this will happen, because they will be integrating their GV service with their new Google+ Hangouts (conference video calls where multiple users can join in), and will likely make money from other advertisers. However, if they did start charging for a GV account, I'm sure I'd still be saving a lot of money over using traditional land-lines for a business calls and fax transmits. Also, Google does charge $3 to port-out any free GV to a cell phone company or VOIP service. However, if you initially paid $20 to have a cell phone number ported into to GV, then they'll waive the $3 fee to port it back out.

    5Fantastic Concept. Fantastic Implemention
    By DigDug
    While there are several Voice-over-IP (VoIP) devices on the market, Obihai's offering stands out from the rest because of its nifty use of Google's GTalk protocol to make completely free outgoing calls. But rather than rehash all of the great qualities of this device, I thought to provide a little background on how exactly the Obi works since calling the mechanism as one using "Google Voice" doesn't describe the whole picture.

    Google's telecommunication offerings actually consist of two products - (1) Google Voice and (2) the calling feature in Gmail which doesn't really have a specifically branded name, but which I'll call "GTalk" as the calling feature is part of the GChat functionality in Gmail. Google Voice is actually a rebranding of GrandCentral's call-forwarding service that Google acquired some years ago with its acquisition of GrandCentral. It is not a Voice-over-IP protocol, but rather a call-forwarding service that allows you to use one "front-facing" phone number to which you can attach a limitless amount of other phone numbers (and services) which will ring whenever someone dials that "front-facing" number. GTalk, on the other hand, is a true VoIP protocol which Google obtained through its acquisition of Gizmo5, a small VoIP company. When you use GTalk to make calls, you are in fact making a telephone call through the internet.

    The magic lies in the marriage of these two services and is what Obi takes advantage of. Google ties one's Google Voice number to the GTalk service in Gmail so that all outgoing calls carry that number and all incoming calls to that number are routed properly. The Obi essentially logs in to the gmail account you've associated with the device and monitors the Gtalk service for any incoming calls as well as places calls when you dial a number on your handset.

    Therefore, my feeling is that even if Google Voice no longer stays free, I doubt there will be any effect on the Obi's utility, as the GTalk service within Gmail will almost certainly stay free for the near future - it is in direct competition with Skype which is being baked in to Windows 8 and into Microsoft's Outlook.com e-mail platform.

    See all 578 customer reviews...
    See all Customer Reviews !

    OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax . OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax . OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax .
    OBi202 VoIP Phone Adapter with Router, 2 Phone Ports, T.38 Fax : Image

    Google Yahoo facebook