December cheque

michelle

Nov 24, 2008, 10:19:35 PM11/24/08
to ODSP Fireside
Last December the ODSP cheque came early, around the 20th I think, but
I've seen no sign of it to date this year. Does anyone know if it's
supposed to be coming early again this year as well?
Thanks

Bonnie Briggs

Nov 25, 2008, 2:44:06 AM11/25/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Michelle,
That will be in December, this is November, a little early. We always get our December cheques early because they want to get them out before they break for their holidays. Have no fear, it will come. :)
Bonnie

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

Frank

Nov 25, 2008, 3:41:44 AM11/25/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
>>>Does anyone know if it's supposed to be coming early again this year as well?<<<

Always every year it comes early. At least a week b4.

Take care,
Frank.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

frogg...@gmail.com

Nov 25, 2008, 11:31:02 AM11/25/08
to ODSP Fireside
its not Dec yet it comes out it comes out the same time

mathieuwarren

Dec 9, 2008, 6:33:55 PM12/9/08
to ODSP Fireside
If you get a cheque it's dated for the 21st and will be mailed out on
the 18th, if you get Direct Deposit, it will be Friday after midnite
aka the 19th aftermidnite so the morning of the 20th :)

they will tell you the 22nd, but it's nice to have friends working
within the ODSP office who can release this information to me :)

Hope it helps

Mathieu

Bonnie Briggs

Dec 10, 2008, 2:29:01 AM12/10/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mathieu,
Wait a minute, the 20th is a Saturday! The banks aren't open on the weekend, so we'd still have to wait until the 22nd. Are you sure you have that right?
Bonnie

> If you get a cheque it's dated for the 21st and will be
> mailed out on
> the 18th, if you get Direct Deposit, it will be Friday
> after midnite
> aka the 19th aftermidnite so the morning of the 20th :)
>
> they will tell you the 22nd, but it's nice to have
> friends working
> within the ODSP office who can release this information to
> me :)
>
> Hope it helps
>
> Mathieu

Kelly Stone

Dec 10, 2008, 7:36:00 AM12/10/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
THANK,S 4 THE INFO & YES IT IS HELPFULL 2 KNOW

--
  HANDYMANSTONE OUT
    GO LEAFS GO

Frank

Dec 10, 2008, 3:40:20 PM12/10/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
>>>Hi Mathieu,   Wait a minute, the 20th is a Saturday! The banks aren't open on the weekend, so we'd still have to wait until the 22nd. Are you sure you have that right?<<<

I'm still hoping for the 19th.

Take care,
Frank.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Bonnie Briggs

Dec 11, 2008, 2:48:01 AM12/11/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com

I'm still hoping for the 19th.

Take care,
Frank.

Hi Frank,
Me too.
Bonnie

Mark

Dec 11, 2008, 10:54:36 AM12/11/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Just to let you know here in Hamilton, I called ODSP yesterday and in one of
their automated messages before you get to who you want, they let you know
the DEC chq is out on the 22nd?

Dec 12, 2008, 8:32:45 AM12/12/08
to ODSP Fireside
I spoke with my worker, who is pretty decent, and while I had him on
the phone asked about the direct deposit. He replied it goes in after
midnight 22nd so it will be there Monday morning.

If it is earlier that is a bonus

Nathan

Dec 12, 2008, 11:14:40 AM12/12/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Not to argue the point but why would the bank know? OSDP would know, ask them.

T Spafford

Dec 12, 2008, 1:18:44 PM12/12/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
i was meaning .. to start calling my banks 1 800 number on the 20th  to see if the cheque has been deposited. Since all estimations so far have been   the 20  - 22  are the due dates

> Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2008 11:14:40 -0500
> From: nathan...@gmail.com
> To: odspfi...@googlegroups.com
> Subject: [odspfireside: 20267 ] Re: December cheque, the 20th is a Saturday!

Gemini40 Hamilton

Dec 12, 2008, 4:36:03 PM12/12/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Its called budgeting your money .don't spend what you do not have ,there is a big difference between needs and wants!!
 Happy Holidays Everyone

Nathan

Dec 12, 2008, 5:18:27 PM12/12/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Ah, I see. Wouldn't the IVR tell you a little closer to the date?
(well, one can hope)

Nathan

Dec 12, 2008, 5:20:23 PM12/12/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
The IVR says Dec 22nd, I just called it. I guess that's the final word :)

Annie

Dec 13, 2008, 12:27:39 AM12/13/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Excuse me for asking but why are you making this a big deal?? They will
come when they come sometime that weekend... Relax... You will get ill.
Annie

misspatricia

Dec 13, 2008, 10:21:11 AM12/13/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
my odsp offics says cheques will be out on the 22nd the monday so yes we
could get them on the weekend

>>>Excuse me for asking but why are you making this a big deal?? They will come when they come sometime that weekend... Relax... You will get ill.   Annie<<<

Yeah, but I was hoping for the 19th. Sigh.

Take care,
Frank.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Kelly Stone

Dec 13, 2008, 11:51:12 AM12/13/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Thank 4 that relax all. I have got 2 mutch e-mail,s about this way 2 mutch

mathieuwarren

Dec 13, 2008, 8:05:41 PM12/13/08
to ODSP Fireside
hey all,

Check with your banking regulations, banks DO NOT, I REPEAT do Not as
i use to work for one, Process Anything SUNDAY night going into
Mondays as Saturday and sunday nights are banking holidays, the last
processing day Computer Wise is the 19th, therefore you will get it on
the 20th, on ur banking statements it will appear as the 22nd as it
has to by law from the ODSP and Provincal guidelines, as per it's the
guideline for them to tell you its the 22nd as it is for the IVR
system, so bingo u will have it on the 19th, stop listening to others
here and ur workers they are only doing thier legal obligation to
follow the provincal guidelines, but banking has thier policeys
nothing will be processed on a sunday nite, the next day would be
monday night which would mean the 23rd for cheques but then that falls
on a holiday so you will have it Friday the 19th after midnite
sometime :)

Please trust my word,

Mathieu

On Dec 13, 11:51 am, "Kelly Stone" <handymanst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank 4 that relax all. I have got 2 mutch e-mail,s about this way 2 mutch

mathieuwarren

Dec 13, 2008, 8:08:37 PM12/13/08
to ODSP Fireside
P.S. And im talking the Central banking computers not the banks it
self

as 90 percents of banks are open saturdays, but im talking the central
main frame :)

mathieu

On Dec 13, 11:51 am, "Kelly Stone" <handymanst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank 4 that relax all. I have got 2 mutch e-mail,s about this way 2 mutch

Frank

Dec 14, 2008, 12:23:43 AM12/14/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
>>>the last processing day Computer Wise is the 19th<<<

I love take out.

ODSP puts it in and I take out.

Take care,
Frank.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Bonnie Briggs

Dec 14, 2008, 1:53:01 AM12/14/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mathieu,
Since banks aren't open after midnight or on the weekends, we will still have to wait until Monday to get our money, so it still ends up being the 22nd, one way or another. The money may be in the account, but we can't access it until Monday. The bank machines only let you take out $200.00 at a time, so you still end up having to go the teller, which we can't do on the weekend. I hope this clears that up.
Bonnie

Bonnie Briggs

Dec 14, 2008, 1:55:19 AM12/14/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi Mathieu,
Scotiabank, where I bank isn't open on Saturdays. Those of us who bank there will have to wait until Monday.
Bonnie

> P.S. And i'm talking the Central banking computers not the
> banks it
> self
>
> as 90 percent of banks are open saturdays, but im talking

> the central
> main frame :)
>
> mathieu

http://www.flickr.com/gift/

Charmaine Voisine

Dec 15, 2008, 2:40:35 AM12/15/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hello Bonnie,

as for amount you can take out of your account...   the $200 limit..
if you have been with your bank for a relatively long time and you have
developed a credit rating with them and a good customer/management
relationship - then they will waive this $200 limit.    My bank did about
3 years ago.   My limit is now just over $1000.

Charmaine

mking101

Dec 15, 2008, 9:50:23 AM12/15/08
to ODSP Fireside
I deal with ScotiaBank and I can take out up to $500 at an ATM. If I
deposit a cheque I can take money right back up to $400 ('cash back').
Maybe you should ask your bank why your amount is so low? That amount
might be from several years ago - they will not update anything unless
you ask.

Guy Babineau

Dec 15, 2008, 12:22:57 PM12/15/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
I have been following this tread for a while.  It is my experience that when the end of the month falls on a weekend, check are deposited on Friday.  I don't know where the 20 comes into play.  I may have missed something as to whom from ODSP stated that the check would be deposited in the bank on Saturday.  Maybe someone could clarify what appears to be an assumption to me.  Again, it's seems that I have missed something.  Having worked for the Ontario government in the past, it would not surprise me if someone got their line cross at the bureaucratic level.  GB

Frank

Dec 15, 2008, 1:43:00 PM12/15/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
>>>I don't know where the 20 comes into play. <<<

Someone goofed and stated the 20th w/o checking the calendar.

Is it passe to say I was hoping for the 19th?

Take care,
Frank.

When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Guy Babineau

Dec 15, 2008, 2:21:57 PM12/15/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
My hunch is that it will be deposited on Monday.  I don't think that the government bureaucrat would be that generous.  Any bet Angela?  It will be interesting.  The info should be in the mail by Wednesday or Thursday.  My friendly Liberals at Queen's Park may not like my assumption.  GB

abrowne

Dec 15, 2008, 6:15:51 PM12/15/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Guy,
My only concern would be for those that get their cheques early during
this very high pressure time and spend most of it, leaving nothing left
for bills in January.
Angela

Bonnie Briggs

Dec 16, 2008, 2:26:27 AM12/16/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
I've learned my lesson with the bank machines, I'll never make that mistake again. Whenever I put a cheque in the machine, it's held for five days, then I have to go through a whole song and dance to get the hold lifted. A teller once told me to get the cheque photocopied before I deposit it, then it's easier to get the hold taken off. It's because the machine does not have a brain like our's, it can't tell the difference between a personal cheque and a government cheque. So now, if I have to deposit a cheque, I do it through the teller, it saves a lot of hassle, stress, and heartache. Trust me, it's just a lot better that way. But with direct deposit, you don't have that worry, thank God. See you all in the line-up on cheque day. (Hey! End of the line, Cherry!) LOL. ;)
Bonnie

> I deal with ScotiaBank and I can take out up to $500 at an
> ATM. If I
> deposit a cheque I can take money right back up to $400
> ('cash back').
> Maybe you should ask your bank why your amount is so low?
> That amount
> might be from several years ago - they will not update
> anything unless
> you ask.

Lorene

Dec 16, 2008, 9:46:31 AM12/16/08
to ODSP Fireside
From what I know from being on ODSP for a long time, it has been my
experience if the last date of the month for ODSP/CPP/OAS/CPP-D/GST
falls on Monday, it will be deposit very early Saturday morning on Dec
20th for Monday Dec 22 date.. It does not generally happen after
midnight because I have checked on the Internet to find out lots of
times. The earliest it has been deposited is after around 5 a.m
Saturday morning. My mom is on OAS agrees with me with this as she has
checked hers by calling the bank, as she does not trust the Internet
to check out her bank, and found out I was right. I have cash limit on
my bank machine for security reasons that if I should lose my bank
card, but I am not worry about it if I need more money. A&P has a Cash
Back feature up to $200 back if you buy few groceries. Other stores
have a limit of $50 Cash Back.

Anyone, let me know if I am right for Saturday morning deposit. And I
am curious, does anyone know who is on OW, do they get deposit the
same day as ODSP or is it the end of the month?

Lorene

Frank

Dec 16, 2008, 10:58:05 AM12/16/08
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
>>>it's held for five  days, then I have to go through a whole song and dance to get the hold lifted.<<<

You still have same problem cause banks have NOT reprogrammed your file to let machines give you cash back when depositing.