Can you leave the country while on odsp?

Liam T.

Sep 26, 2010, 10:42:40 AM9/26/10
to ODSP Fireside
Hello There ,

Someone told me you can't leave the country, or you can leave only for
a limited amount of time?
What if I want to go visit a friend for 6 weeks overseas? Can I do
that?
Thank you kindly
Liam

abrowne

Sep 26, 2010, 3:05:49 PM9/26/10
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
Liam,

You cannot leave the province for more than 29 days.

This stay can be extended, but only for a good reason
(e.g. if there is a hurricane and your flight home is grounded).

Angela

From: Liam T.
Date: 26/09/2010 2:51:00 PM

Dave M

Sep 26, 2010, 3:18:35 PM9/26/10
to odspfi...@googlegroups.com
yes you can for under 29days.  any longer - read thr commnet below.

Liam T.

Sep 26, 2010, 5:10:05 PM9/26/10
to ODSP Fireside
Thanx for the reply Angela, so what happens if you stay more , do they
throw you off?
I have a friend that might be sick overseas , and wanted to be on
their bedside , is that a good reason or not good enough?
Thanks

On Sep 26, 3:05 pm, abrowne <browne200...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Liam,
>
> You cannot leave the province for more than 29 days.
>
> This stay can be extended, but only for a good reason
> (e.g. if there is a hurricane and your flight home is grounded).
>
> Angela

> From: Liam T. <reproducethys...@gmail.com>

Dave M

Sep 26, 2010, 11:00:07 PM9/26/10