Demo code available?

jbest

Mar 25, 2009, 5:22:59 PM3/25/09
to ocropus
We intend to use OCRopus for a research project that could take
advantage of the web service as demoed at http://demo.iupr.org/cgi-bin/main.cgi
. Is the code for the demo available? We'd like to install it on our
own server rather than take up your bandwidth and processing power.
Thanks!

Jason

Christian Mahnke

Mar 25, 2009, 6:21:35 PM3/25/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

That's a great idea. Maybe OCROpus instances can be integrated to the
WeOCR [1] project this way. It would be nice if the web interface (hOCR
viewer) from the IUPR demonstrators site would be included in version
0.4 as well.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] http://weocr.ocrgrid.org/

Jason Best

Mar 30, 2009, 4:52:24 PM3/30/09
to ocropus
Has anyone else created a web service interface for OCRopus? We've
started creating our own but we'd rather not re-invent the wheel
unless necessary.

On Mar 25, 5:21 pm, Christian Mahnke <cmah...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> > We intend to use OCRopus for a research project that could take
> > advantage of the web service as demoed athttp://demo.iupr.org/cgi-bin/main.cgi

Christian Mahnke

Apr 1, 2009, 4:48:03 AM4/1/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi

> Has anyone else created a web service interface for OCRopus? We've
> started creating our own but we'd rather not re-invent the wheel
> unless necessary.

There is the demonstrator page at IUPR [1], but it isn't a classic
webservice (with fancy WSDL stuff for example).
It might help if you create a entry in the issue tracker to get it
released with version 0.4.

Cheers,
Christian

[1] http://demo.iupr.org/cgi-bin/main.cgi

Christian Mahnke

Apr 14, 2009, 10:08:31 AM4/14/09
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

> Has anyone else created a web service interface for OCRopus? We've
> started creating our own but we'd rather not re-invent the wheel
> unless necessary.

Just another note:
There is also service which probably uses Ocropus:
https://itgroup.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/experimental/ocr/ocrManager.html

Best,
Christian

buyi wen

Sep 8, 2015, 10:39:52 PM9/8/15
to ocropus, jb...@brit.org
I'm not a developer, I always use this free online ocr servie to convert image to text.