Using ocropus-pseg in OCRopus 0.7

Mona

Jul 21, 2013, 7:31:39 AM7/21/13
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I've got Ocropus 0.7 installed on Ubuntu 13.04.

I'm trying to run the 'ocropus-pseg' function but I get this error:

import ocropy
ImportError: No module named ocropy

I'm working on layout analysis and I've read that 'pseg' divides text regions into zones. I want to see if I can manipulate this output.

Also, since ocropy is now ocrolib, any suggestions on how to go about this?

Thanks!

Kim

Jul 22, 2013, 5:31:53 AM7/22/13
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
I think you checked out "hg clone https://code.google.com/p/ocropus/" right?
In main homepage https://code.google.com/p/ocropus/ just guide to use "hg clone -r ocropus-0.7 https://code.google.com/p/ocropus"
In other method, just in same directory you can use hg clone https://code.google.com/p/ocropus.ocropy/ ... but i'm not sure that source code is same version to ocropus 0.7..

2013년 7월 21일 일요일 오후 8시 31분 39초 UTC+9, Mona 님의 말:

Mona

Jul 22, 2013, 6:32:51 AM7/22/13
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Kim yes I'd checked out the first clone that you mentioned.

I tried out the other two as well but I still get the same error. After looking into the code for 'ocropus-pseg' I can see that it calls two functions "N" and "NI" from the ocropy:
library:

import ocropy
from ocropy import N,NI

but I don't see them anywhere in the current ocropy library.

Does anyone know how to workaround this? I've not been able to find any documentation so  far...

Anthony Tresontani

Jul 25, 2013, 10:45:32 AM7/25/13
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
I think you didn't install the python package.

Try to do:
sudo python setup.py install
Message has been deleted

Mona

Jul 29, 2013, 2:35:37 PM7/29/13
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Thanks I did. I wouldn't have been able to use any of the functions in OCRopus without it. This is one of the older functions so it requires an old Python library... i was just wondering if any one has used it recently.