Speeding up Ocropus in Ubuntu.

johneri...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2014, 9:39:49 AM1/13/14
to ocr...@googlegroups.com
Hi, I'm running Ocropus through Java, using the following commands:

ocropus-sauvola tests/testpage.png -o temp
ocropus-gpageseg 'temp/????.bin.png'
ocropus-rpred 'temp/????/??????.bin.png'

I then clean the output from rpred. However, is it possible to speed up the whole process or parts of it (ocropus-rpred)?
I saw the FAQ with the:
find book -name '*.bin.png' | xargs -P 4 -n 200 ocroups-lattices

But can this be used with the above commands like:
ocropus-rpred 'temp/????/??????.bin.png' -P 4 -n 200

or is there a config file where I can change the number of cores for OCROpus to use?

I must admit I am not that well traversed in Linux commands, so I don't know how to construct a working command like the one in the FAQ.

Ps. thanks for a great piece of software.

Regards

John

johneri...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2014, 9:50:44 AM1/17/14
to ocr...@googlegroups.com

By actually looking in the files and using the --help function I saw the option for -Q:
-Q PARALLEL, --parallel PARALLEL number of parallel processes to use (1)
This sped up the conversion from picture to text, but some times the result came in in the
wrong sequence. Picture 0004 was finished before 0001 resulting in a shuffled text.
Haven't tested with other settings except -Q 4.