Call for Papers: From Wall Street to Main Street: The Regional Politics of Occupying, an edited collection

Prof Todd

Feb 17, 2012, 9:54:38 PM2/17/12
to occupy-...@googlegroups.com
While we have been distributing the attached cfp (From Wall Street to Main Street: The Regional Politics of Occupyingwidely for the last few months, it may not have been seen here. Please distribute and also considering sending us a proposal. Any help at all would be appreciated. The CFP can be seen here:  http://www.cfplist.com/CFP.aspx?CID=224

Best,

Todd Comer

D.E.

Feb 20, 2012, 8:01:33 AM2/20/12
to occupy-...@googlegroups.com

Thanks for sending this, Todd. I posted it on the Occupy Thought facebook page, and I'll be contacting some people here in Occupy Norfolk.

Best of luck with the project—I think your approach here is really interesting.

BTW: have you talked with publishers about it? Do you have a projected/intended publisher?

Prof Todd

Feb 20, 2012, 10:07:12 AM2/20/12
to occupy-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, D.E., for spreading the word.

I've just landed a press for my second collection in the last few days so I am cautiously optimistic that we will find a publisher for this volume. I say "cautiously" because this is out of my academic area of expertise and more a labor of love. And, of course, it all depends on the number and quality of submissions. But, yes, we have several publishers--particularly ones who care about this kind of political work--in mind. We're happy to hear suggestions as well. Feel free to email me at pro...@gmail.com

Best,

Todd