Draft call for reviewers: How does this look?

D.E. Wittkower

Feb 26, 2012, 11:30:11 AM2/26/12
to occupy-...@googlegroups.com

How do you think this looks? What do you think should be added/changed/removed?

I'm going to write this up as a Facebook note, for easy sharing, and will also write it as a readymade cut-and-paste announcement. It'll be posted here and in the FB #OT group on Monday, and I'll be asking for your help in getting it sent out as widely as possible on Tuesday. So I'm trying to write something that will motivate involvement in the peer review process, and something that you will feel good about sending out. Does this read like something you would share on Facebook, post to professional listservs, post about on your blog (if applicable), and forward to friends and colleagues?

Any ideas about how to get the word out and get people involved would be wonderful. What should we do, and how should we do it?

(Somewhat related: If any of you are ever inspired to do so, I'd love some additional graphics for the project. We could make use of square, thumbnail images, and of banner-shaped images. My graphic design skills are *very* limited.)

------

Call for Reviewers, Contributors; First Papers Released: #OccupyThought

Occupy Thought is a project to bring together and publish theoretical work on and from the #occupations, including writing from both concerned theorists and theoretically-minded activists.

Our first group of 11 papers has been released, and we are currently conducting open peer review. We invite you to read and respond to papers here:

http://mediacommons.futureofthebook.org/tne/cluster/occupythought

An important aspect of this project is the commitment to be responsive and responsible to both theoretical and political work, and the open peer review process invites responses from activists, academics, and every combination of the two. Please take part in this effort and help us build a productive and collaborative dialogue between theory and praxis, and between theoreticians and practitioners.

Additional contributions to the project will be posted as they are received, and are welcome until March 20th. We encourage submissions from theoretically-minded activists and from academics whose work may have a bearing on political action. Further details on submissions are available in the original CFP, linked to from the site above.

Inquiries welcome: d.e.wittkower at gmail.com

Join the project at: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/occupy-thought

Kris Coffield

Feb 27, 2012, 1:28:38 AM2/27/12