build error with ocaml-core on mac os x

ben mailist

Dec 2, 2011, 6:03:02 AM12/2/11
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
hi

I successfully installed all the primary dependencies mentioned in INSTALL. Same goes for the secondary dependencies like type-conv on which some o the primary ones depend on.

My setup:
- core-107.01
- mac os x 10.6.8
- ocaml  3-12.1

Error message:
$ cd core-1.7.01
$ ocaml setup.ml -configure
$ ocaml setup.ml -build
[....]
ocamlfind: Package `type-conv.syntax' not found - required by `sexplib.syntax' Command exited with code 2. E: Command '/homes/ben/local/bin/ocamlbuild lib/libcore.a lib/dllcore.so lib/core.cma lib/core.cmxa lib/core.a lib_test/test_runner.byte -tag debug' terminated with error code 10
[....]

Obviously there is a problem with type-conv.syntax not beeing installed:
$ ocamlfind list | grep sexp
sexplib (version: 6.1.1)
sexplib.syntax (version: 6.1.1)
sexplib.top (version: 6.1.1)

$ ocamlfind list | grep conv
type-conv (version: 2.3.0)

But is this really the problem on type-conv? Sexplib built without any errors in this regard.

thanks
ben

Stéphane Glondu

Dec 2, 2011, 6:14:10 AM12/2/11
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, ben mailist
On 12/02/2011 12:03 PM, ben mailist wrote:
> Obviously there is a problem with type-conv.syntax not beeing installed:
> $ ocamlfind list | grep sexp
> sexplib (version: 6.1.1)
> sexplib.syntax (version: 6.1.1)
> sexplib.top (version: 6.1.1)
>
> $ ocamlfind list | grep conv
> type-conv (version: 2.3.0)

Try upgrading sexplib and type-conv. I don't know exactly what are the
minimal requirements, but it should compile at least with sexplib 7.0.4
and type-conv 3.0.4).

Cheers,

--
Stéphane

ben mailist

Dec 2, 2011, 6:18:45 AM12/2/11
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com, ben mailist
wow that was quick, thank you.

Right after my post I did what are you suggesting now. I've reinstalled sexplib, since the problem stemmed from an outdated directive in the META file of sexplib.

After installing the latest sexplib package, ocaml-core built without any problems.