OPAM Core trailing current version?

Shrutarshi Basu

Mar 27, 2017, 3:11:11 PM3/27/17
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,
It looks like the version of Core (and related libraries) available on OPAM is 133.33.00, which is significantly behind the Github version 114.35. Is there some reason for this lag? Should we switch to using the Jane Street OPAM repo for these libraries?

--
Shrutarshi Basu
The ByteBaker -- computer science is not about computers

Yaron Minsky

Mar 27, 2017, 6:06:48 PM3/27/17
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
There's a bleeding edge release you can get via our opam remote (https://ocaml.janestreet.com/opam-repository), and we're actively working on getting this release into opam proper. We've done a lot to improve our release process (for example, the introduction of jbuilder for building our releases), and that has occasioned more than the usual amount of work for upstreaming the release.

Hopefully, it will all be out in the next handful of weeks.