Simple Async HTTP Server?

Malcolm Matalka

Feb 12, 2014, 4:17:27 AM2/12/14
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Hey,
Is there an suggested/endorsed simple HTTP server for Async? Specific
use cases: something to put behind an nginx or if I just want to provide
a simple HTTP interface to poke around the application.

Thanks,
/Malcolm

Owen Gunden

Feb 12, 2014, 4:20:29 AM2/12/14
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
I use cohttp. While the interface is somewhat of a moving target while it's still under development, it generally works well:

It's in OPAM.

Yaron Minsky

Feb 12, 2014, 9:32:25 AM2/12/14
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
I'll second that. We're going to release SSL bindings for use with
Cohttp-on-async in the next few weeks too.

Anil Madhavapeddy

Feb 12, 2014, 9:50:39 AM2/12/14
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Once we have SSL, I promise to release a less-frequently-moving 1.0
version of Cohttp. Rudy Grinberg has been contributing lots of good
patches to help move us in that direction (consistent interfaces,
exposing fieldslib and sexp, etc).

-anil

Malcolm Matalka

Feb 12, 2014, 10:44:36 AM2/12/14
to ocaml...@googlegroups.com
Great! I can't wait. I think an easily usable HTTP interface people can
latch on to their programs will make Ocaml a lot more familiar for many
people.