Object Description Exception

Keary Suska

May 10, 2015, 1:55:19 PM5/10/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I am getting the following exception when -description is called on an object (inherits from CPObject):

(in Safari)
[Error] TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating 'alert(((___r1 = self._profileInfo), ___r1 == null ? null : ___r1.isa.objj_msgSend0(___r1, "description")))')

(in FireFox w.Firebug)
TypeError: alert is not a function
http://localhost:8888/CALMS/Frameworks/Debug/Objective-J/Objective-J.js line 11226 > Function
Line 195

In this way:

alert([_profileInfo description]);

It doesn't seem to matter whether I have implemented the method or not. Should I report this as a bug?

Using latest master...

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Keary Suska

May 10, 2015, 2:01:41 PM5/10/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com

On May 10, 2015, at 11:55 AM, Keary Suska <cappu...@esoteritech.com> wrote:

> I am getting the following exception when -description is called on an object (inherits from CPObject):
>
> (in Safari)
> [Error] TypeError: undefined is not a function (evaluating 'alert(((___r1 = self._profileInfo), ___r1 == null ? null : ___r1.isa.objj_msgSend0(___r1, "description")))')
>
> (in FireFox w.Firebug)
> TypeError: alert is not a function
> http://localhost:8888/CALMS/Frameworks/Debug/Objective-J/Objective-J.js line 11226 > Function
> Line 195
>
> In this way:
>
> alert([_profileInfo description]);
>
> It doesn't seem to matter whether I have implemented the method or not. Should I report this as a bug?
>
> Using latest master...

Further testing shows that the issue is with the alert() function, rather than the method call, as I get the same exception regardless of the method called.

Perhaps it is a scope issue, as window.alert() works perfectly.

Bug or undocumented feature?