Cup with XCodeCapp4 binding problem.

mocona

Sep 2, 2015, 9:55:05 PM9/2/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hello, Capp lovers.

I'm trying to use Cup Frameworks with Binding(as introduced in video in vimeo - screencast ).

I stuck on the first step that is I made s Source directory in Frameworks and make symlink Cup in Source dir.

But unfortunately XcodeCapp4 or XCode seems not recognize Cup frameworks well.

Working step.

1. Clone the Cup Project.
2. Compile Cup : jake all
3. make new capp project : : capp gen -t NibApplication -l -F Cup Uploader
4. make Source dir in Frameworks and make Cup symlink : ln -s ...somewhere Step 1. source./Cup
5. Start XCodeCapp4 and trying to make binding in MainMenu.xib

Am I missing some step?

Thanks in advance.

-Abraham-

ps. btw, I really thank so much to Aparajita about his great Cup frameworks.

Aparajita Fishman

Sep 3, 2015, 12:07:15 PM9/3/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
> I stuck on the first step that is I made s Source directory in Frameworks and make symlink Cup in Source dir.
>
> But unfortunately XcodeCapp4 or XCode seems not recognize Cup frameworks well.

XcodeCapp 4 is substantial rewrite by the guys at Nuage, we'll have to wait for them to come back from vacation to answer this question.

> ps. btw, I really thank so much to Aparajita about his great Cup frameworks.

We both should thank Todd Freese, whose company funded the development.

Many thanks,

- Aparajita

mocona

Sep 3, 2015, 8:15:54 PM9/3/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Thanks for your fast reply, and Todd Freese, too. ;)

Dogild

Sep 22, 2015, 7:48:29 PM9/22/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi Mocana,

We have a similar configuration with a external framework and outlets here.

You need to have the source files of Cup in your project, XcodeCapp is not able to read a compiled version of Cup (no outlet words anymore).

A solution for that :

- Create a folder Libraries
- Add the source files of Cup in Libraries
- In XcodeCapp adds the line !Libraries/NUKit/*.j in the textField Folders & Files Ignoring Patterns
- Do not import Cup from there thought. Better to use <Cup/Cup.j> for your application
- Now XcodeCapp should be able to create the cocoa references class. You can check that in xCode in the folder Cocoa classes

Thanks,