Cappuccino Compilation Issue

Keary Suska

Nov 8, 2017, 7:32:38 PM11/8/17
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I came across an issue today where capp wouldn’t bootstrap. What I determined was that bootstrap was choking on an older automake installation, failing to compile jsc and hence jake is broken. It appears that if automake is not found the bootstrap will succeed. My thought is that if automake exists, but is too old a version, that bootstrap should behave the same as if it isn’t found. I will file a bug but I wanted it in the archives in case someone stumbles across this.

Best,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Martin Carlberg

Nov 9, 2017, 2:58:49 AM11/9/17
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keary,

Thanks for this information. I have never seen this before.

Yes, please file a bug about this.

- Martin