'Cannot read property "info" from undefined' when compiling

Eric Böhnisch-Volkmann

Dec 2, 2008, 9:07:28 AM12/2/08
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I am trying to compile my Cappuccino application but I receive the
following error message for one of the files when using 'steam build':

Statically Preprocessing /Users/eb/Desktop/browser/document.j
Exception in thread "main" org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError:
TypeError: Cannot read property "info" from undefined
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError
(ScriptRuntime.java:3566)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.constructError
(ScriptRuntime.java:3544)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError(ScriptRuntime.java:
3572)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.typeError2(ScriptRuntime.java:
3591)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.undefReadError
(ScriptRuntime.java:3604)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.getObjectProp
(ScriptRuntime.java:1382)
at objjc._c201(Unknown Source)
at objjc.call(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName
(OptRuntime.java:97)
at objjc._c202(Unknown Source)
at objjc.call(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.callName0
(OptRuntime.java:108)
at objjc._c0(Unknown Source)
at objjc.call(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall
(ContextFactory.java:401)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:
3003)
at objjc.call(Unknown Source)
at objjc.exec(Unknown Source)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime$1.run(OptRuntime.java:
252)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.call(Context.java:499)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.call(ContextFactory.java:
511)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.main(OptRuntime.java:
240)
at objjc.main(Unknown Source)

Has anybody any idea where in my code I should look and what could be
wrong? The messages don't tell too much :-/

Eric.

Tom Robinson

Dec 4, 2008, 4:00:45 AM12/4/08
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Make sure you've installed the latest tools. Run:

git pull
ant clean bootstrap

If you still have problems, try running steam on a fresh project
(created with "steam create" or from cappuccino.org/downloads). Then
report back here ;)

-Tom

On Dec 2, 6:07 am, Eric Böhnisch-Volkmann <i...@devon-

The DEVONtechnologies Team

Dec 4, 2008, 5:01:58 AM12/4/08
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

> Make sure you've installed the latest tools. Run:
>
> git pull
> ant clean bootstrap
>
> If you still have problems, try running steam on a fresh project
> (created with "steam create" or from cappuccino.org/downloads). Then
> report back here ;)

Done, but for a new project it also fails, this time with:

[Trinity:~/Desktop] eb% cd NEWPROJECT/
[Trinity:~/Desktop/NEWPROJECT] eb% ls
AppController.j Frameworks Info.plist index.html main.j
[Trinity:~/Desktop/NEWPROJECT] eb% steam build
Setting up Rhino utilties
Exception in thread "main" org.mozilla.javascript.JavaScriptException:
No project file specified or found. (/Users/tolmasky/Development/Build/
steam.build/Release/steam.js#3201)
at steam._c221(Unknown Source)
at steam.call(Unknown Source)
at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.applyOrCall(ScriptRuntime.java:
2346)
at org.mozilla.javascript.BaseFunction.execIdCall(BaseFunction.java:
282)
at org.mozilla.javascript.IdFunctionObject.call(IdFunctionObject.java:
129)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call2(OptRuntime.java:
76)
at steam._c219(Unknown Source)
at steam.call(Unknown Source)
at
org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.applyOrCall(ScriptRuntime.java:
2346)
at org.mozilla.javascript.BaseFunction.execIdCall(BaseFunction.java:
282)
at org.mozilla.javascript.IdFunctionObject.call(IdFunctionObject.java:
129)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call2(OptRuntime.java:
76)
at steam._c0(Unknown Source)
at steam.call(Unknown Source)
at
org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.doTopCall(ContextFactory.java:401)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ScriptRuntime.doTopCall(ScriptRuntime.java:
3003)
at steam.call(Unknown Source)
at steam.exec(Unknown Source)

at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime$1.run(OptRuntime.java:
252)
at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.call(Context.java:499)
at org.mozilla.javascript.ContextFactory.call(ContextFactory.java:511)
at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.main(OptRuntime.java:
240)

at steam.main(Unknown Source)

Eric.

Tom Robinson

Dec 4, 2008, 6:37:19 AM12/4/08
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Do you have a valid .steam file in the directory? (I need to make
"steam create" include one by default, until then you'll have to add
it yourself)

See here for an example file: http://cappuccino.org/discuss/2008/10/14/objjc-and-steam/

-Tom

On Dec 4, 2:01 am, The DEVONtechnologies Team <i...@devon-

The DEVONtechnologies Team

Dec 4, 2008, 7:18:45 AM12/4/08
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Tom,

> Do you have a valid .steam file in the directory? (I need to make
> "steam create" include one by default, until then you'll have to add
> it yourself) See here for an example file: http://cappuccino.org/discuss/2008/10/14/objjc-and-steam/

OK, building the sample app works. And building the first three of
my .j files works, too. It fails with the fourth file.

Eric.

Tom Robinson

Dec 8, 2008, 6:29:13 PM12/8/08
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
It turns out the file that was causing problems had a few non-breaking
spaces (http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/00a0/index.htm),
which was causing the compiler to choke. Until we fix in the compiler,
just make sure there's none of these non-breaking spaces in your code.
One of the following regexes can be used to find/replace with regular
spaces (depending on the editor/regex implementation):

\x{00A0}
\u00A0

-Tom

On Dec 4, 4:18 am, The DEVONtechnologies Team <i...@devon-