Where is XcodeCapp

Samir Gartner

Jul 13, 2017, 4:35:58 PM7/13/17
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hello everyone, I was trying to install cappuccino on Mac OS High Sierra Beta and I found out that XcodeCapp is missing. I was blaming it to the Beta but I just tried to do the same thing on Mac OS El Capitan and it is also missing, I found a link for the 4.0 Beta (https://www.dropbox.com/s/613cc7cjudriwju/XcodeCapp4.0.zip) but I am wondering what is going on. Was it removed from the default installation? I also see the forums and the IRC channel really quiet, is the development stopped?

Keary Suska

Jul 13, 2017, 4:52:20 PM7/13/17
to objec...@googlegroups.com

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 2:34 PM, Samir Gartner <jig...@me.com> wrote:
>
> Hello everyone, I was trying to install cappuccino on Mac OS High Sierra Beta and I found out that XcodeCapp is missing. I was blaming it to the Beta but I just tried to do the same thing on Mac OS El Capitan and it is also missing, I found a link for the 4.0 Beta (https://www.dropbox.com/s/613cc7cjudriwju/XcodeCapp4.0.zip) but I am wondering what is going on. Was it removed from the default installation? I also see the forums and the IRC channel really quiet, is the development stopped?

You will get XcodeCapp if you follow the instructions for installing from source: http://www.cappuccino-project.org/learn/build-source.html rather than downloading the starter package. If you already have the repository you can simply use git to update to latest master, or 0.9.10, which is the last release, I believe.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Samir Gartner

Jul 14, 2017, 9:40:30 AM7/14/17
to Cappuccino & Objective-J, cappu...@esoteritech.com
Hey thank you, yes I was having an issue with Xcode-beta, the installer was looking for the regular command line tools inside the regular Xcode app. I appreciate your answer.