XcodeCapp 4 problem

Didier Korthoudt

Sep 16, 2015, 7:10:19 AM9/16/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi everybody,

I've checked the "Verify Compilation Warnings" in XCC4 settings but then I see my processor hanging at 100% with a narwhal-webkit process running.

Even after long minutes waiting, everything continue to hang and I've to kill the process.

Somebody having a clue ?

Thanks,

Didier.

Dogild

Sep 22, 2015, 4:06:19 PM9/22/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi Didier,

Let me know when you have some times this next days ! So we can take a look together or try to reproduce this issue.

Thanks,

Didier Korthoudt

Sep 23, 2015, 12:54:59 PM9/23/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Bonjour Alexandre,

If you think of some test to be done here, just tell me.

Does XCC4 log something somewhere that I could send you ?

Do you think that it could be better if I stop throwing my beer on my MBP while using XCC4 ?

;-)

In short : I'm ready to test whatever you think of...

And, of course, I already thank you for your precious help !

Didier.

Dogild

Sep 23, 2015, 1:37:21 PM9/23/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
You should normally find some log in the Console of the system.

What do you see in the operations tab of XcodeCapp ? Is there an operation stuck ? If yes, what is going on when you launch this same operation on the file from your terminal ?

Antoine Mercadal

Sep 23, 2015, 1:42:26 PM9/23/15
to Cappuccino
hi,

Checkboxes Verify Compilation Warnings and Coding Style, are not working well at all on bigger projects. This seems to be due to narwhal. It still doesn’t close properly all file descriptors, and that makes the system going out of ressources.

They’ll work better with node :)

You should uncheck them for now, and we’ll mark them in the UI as you-should-not-touch-this

Thanks,

--
Antoine Mercadal