Development Process of Cappuccino Itself

Keary Suska

Mar 1, 2016, 5:55:44 PM3/1/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
There are a few bugs in Cappuccino I was going to try my hand at to fix but I was wondering what the typical development process is. It seems that the API classes are pre-compiled and I don’t see a way to use them uncompiled. So do you edit, compile, check? That seems like quite a pain. Also what are the compilation commands? As far as I can tell the compilation part of Capp is undocumented.

TIA,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Antoine Mercadal

Mar 1, 2016, 6:03:13 PM3/1/16
to Cappuccino
Hi,

The edit/compile/test is the normal way to go. Remember that if you edit a file in AppKit, you can simply jake AppKit only by doing a jake debug in the AppKit folder.
Another way to proceed is to create a category of the file you want to edit in your own project, copy the normal implementation, work on it, then put it back in AppKit

Thanks,

--
Antoine Mercadal

Martin Carlberg

Mar 2, 2016, 1:26:28 AM3/2/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I usually do a category as Antoine described. It is very convenient and speeds up the process a lot.

- Martin