Looking to contribute to Capp

CappCoder

Apr 29, 2015, 12:22:50 PM4/29/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I'd like to make a small contribution to Cappuccino if I can , in my spare time.

Ideally something a bit simple yet quite needed that I can tackle.

Any pressing problems ?

Also does anyone have the instructions to getting a development version of cappuccino up and running.

Martin Carlberg

Apr 30, 2015, 4:22:46 AM4/30/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

Thanks for wanting to contribute!

We don’t have a roadmap of what we want to do for the next release. At least what I know of.

Usually we find something we need ourself to the project we are working on.

Do you have any part of the Cappuccino project that you are more interested in? Something that you want to dig into and learn more about?

If you haven’t check the contribution page then it can be a good place to start: http://www.cappuccino-project.org/contribute.html

- Martin

CappCoder

Apr 30, 2015, 7:33:07 AM4/30/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Could we figure out a way to render Cappuccino apps server side ?

We already have it in frameworks like Ember , called Ember fastboot . This would help in making Capp apps load instantly and might get more people into using it.

Martin Carlberg

Apr 30, 2015, 8:34:34 AM4/30/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Interesting!

What kind of use case are they trying to solve by doing this?

I don’t see any problems these days with downloading code asserts to the browsers except for maybe mobile solutions.

- Martin

30 apr 2015 kl. 13:33 skrev CappCoder <samha...@gmail.com>:

Could we figure out a way to render Cappuccino apps server side ?

We already have it in frameworks like Ember , called Ember fastboot . This would help in making Capp apps load instantly and might get more people into using it.

Kjell Nilsson

Apr 30, 2015, 8:44:19 AM4/30/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Nice of you to help out. :-)

One thing that is needed in todays Cappuccino is optimizing the cib loading,
especially the theme-handling is slow there.

Regards
—kerusan

Dogild

Apr 30, 2015, 4:15:40 PM4/30/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Yes feel free to make contributions. If you don't know what you can do, you can take a look here : https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/issues. There are some basics issues and some complicated.

To get a development env, you need to install cappuccino on your system and play with it. When creating a new feature of fixing something, you should create unit tests or manual tests to easily reproduce what you are currently creating or fixing.

Alexandre,