XcodeCapp 3.2 raises a compiling issue related to @global declaration

Argos Oz

Jun 1, 2015, 1:39:02 AM6/1/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
When I use @global declaration I get this error: "Compiling issue at line (null) of file : rror on line number of file [unknown]ReferenceError: Can't find variable:"

"rror" is not my own typo. I believe that's odd. Everything seems fine in XcodeCapp source code, there's no any typo there either.

I always keep an eye on XcodeCapp's error window, so this error is very annoying and distracting. No problem at runtime though.

Any suggestions?

PS: It's easy to reproduce this oddity on my Mac OSX 10.9.5, any j file with a @global dummy declaration is enough.

And hello and thank you all for your great work!
This is my first post here :)

Martin Carlberg

Jun 1, 2015, 5:23:38 AM6/1/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi!

I can’t reproduce this problem…

What version of Cappuccino do you use? Have you tried this on the latest master?

Also, can you please show exactly what your ”@global” statement looks like. A screen shot with some lines above and below is ok. Or even better, a link to the whole file.

- Martin

Argos Oz

Jun 3, 2015, 7:04:05 AM6/3/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Martin,

Now I'm on Yosemite 10.10.3. It was a clean install, rebuild everything from scratch, reinstalled Xcode, and everything seems fine. My previous OS was Mavericks with years of migration history, and I was compiling XcodeCapp against 10.9 SDK... I'm not sure but it seems like related.

Thanks for your time :)

Dogild

Jun 3, 2015, 11:29:09 AM6/3/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Is it possible to share the source file so I can take a look ?

Thanks,

Argos Oz

Jun 3, 2015, 1:14:59 PM6/3/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Sure, which one, XcodeCapp source?

Dogild

Jun 3, 2015, 1:16:55 PM6/3/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
The file where you have your @global declaration

Argos Oz

Jun 3, 2015, 1:44:03 PM6/3/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Sure but I believe the problem was not related to it because I had search for any Cappuccino code containing @global declaration, (Cappuccino's test code, Cup framework etc, not my own code) open almost all of them one by one to make myself sure that the problem is not related to my file. Added a line: aaaaa = 0; and saved to reproduce the problem and reproduced the problem exactly as I've mentioned before.

But...

When I was on Mavericks 10.9.5, XcodeCapp was not immediately responding to my file saves, then I've changed its source code from self.isUsingFileLevelAPI = NO to YES:

case kXCCAPIModeFolder:

self.isUsingFileLevelAPI = YES;

then recompiled it again and it worked pretty well until the first time I need and use @global declaration.

And now I'm on Yosemite, 10.10.3, this is the only change but a big one :) My Cappuccino code is the same. My XcodeCapp source code modification is also the same but rebuilt on 10.10.3 with latest Xcode tools installed.

I was able to reproduce the XcodeCapp compilation error by opening a brand new file and pasting only this for example:

@import <Foundation/CPObject.j>
@import <Foundation/CPURLRequest.j>
@import <Foundation/CPURLConnection.j>

@import "Movie.j"

@global jQuery

@implementation IMDB : CPObject
{

Movie movie;
}

- (id)init
{
self = [super init];
if (self){
[self downloadHTMLWithURL:@"http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1798709/"];
}
return self;
}

Now it's all ok.

I hope this helps.

Dogild

Jun 7, 2015, 11:13:44 PM6/7/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
If you have only use this file to reproduce the problem, of course there are some issues ; no file "Movie.j" and no @end at the end of the @implementation.

I tried to reproduce on my side, but I didn't get any result ! What happen when you launch the command objj on the file ?

Argos Oz

Jun 9, 2015, 7:47:35 PM6/9/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
- If you have only use this file to reproduce the problem, of course there are some issues.

No I didn't. As I've said before: "searched for any Cappuccino code containing @global declaration, (Cappuccino's test code, Cup framework etc, not my own code) open almost all of them one by one to make myself sure that the problem is not related to my file. Added a line: aaaaa = 0; and saved to reproduce the problem and reproduced the problem exactly as I've mentioned before."

I believe the problem was on my side but not in my code but in my computer, related to the OS, most probably part of a bigger problem. Again, after wiping off Mavericks and installing Yosemite on clean slate, now, everything seems fine.

Thanks anyway.