[Event] Cappuccino Meetup

Dogild

Oct 26, 2015, 2:27:52 PM10/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi guys,
The Cappuccino Core Team, Nuage Networks and Oops are planning to organize a meetup about Cappuccino and how they are using it. Different people are going to talk:
- Antoine Mercadal will explain how Nuage Networks is using Cappuccino
- Alexandre Wilhelm will present Cappuccino and its test environment (OJTest and cucapp)
- Martin Carlberg will show how Oops is using Cappuccino
- Apajarita Fishman will present his own use of Cappuccino
It will be the perfect time to discuss about Cappuccino itself, its future 0.9.9 release, see some new features, demos, few surprises and concrete examples.
Of course, you are welcome to participate if you want to share your experience using the Framework.
The event would take place in the Bay Area around February or March 2016.
Please let us know if you would be interested in joining this event.
Stay tuned,
Alexandre Wilhelm

Didier Korthoudt

Oct 26, 2015, 4:42:22 PM10/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Great idea !!! I think I could join if everything goes as I wish…

I’ll let you know ASAP.

Thank you for organizing this !

(but don’t you think Belgium is a better place than the Bay Area ? We have lots of beers, chocolates, French fries (in fact, it’s Belgian fries), …  ;-)

Didier

PS : if you change your mind and come in Europe, I think I could provide the place (my university) and accommodations...

Michael Bach

Oct 26, 2015, 5:38:12 PM10/26/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Dear Alexandre:

> The Cappuccino Core Team, Nuage Networks and Oops are planning to organize a meetup about Cappuccino and how they are using it. Different people are going to talk:
> …The event would take place in the Bay Area around February or March 2016.
> …Please let us know if you would be interested in joining this event.
Interested: yes, but the Bay Area, while nice, is far from here and unfortunately I do not plan to visit there at that time. Good luck, anyway!

Best, Michael
--
Prof. Michael Bach PhD, Eye Center, University of Freiburg, Killianstr. 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany.
Michae...@uni-freiburg.de <http://michaelbach.de>

Dogild

Oct 26, 2015, 6:18:25 PM10/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Guys,

We are open to do it in Europe as well. Let us know if you are interested and if you prefer Europe or the US.

Thanks,

Arjen Schipmolder

Oct 26, 2015, 6:20:45 PM10/26/15
to Dogild, objec...@googlegroups.com
Count me in.
No preferred location, either would be fine for me.

Arjen

t00f

Oct 26, 2015, 6:29:48 PM10/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I am definitely in, no matter where it is :)

Chris

Todd Freese

Oct 26, 2015, 10:40:16 PM10/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I'm in. Thanks for organizing this!

Todd

Tim Howell

Oct 26, 2015, 10:41:33 PM10/26/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I’d love to attend, but that is definitely more likely if it is in the US than in Europe.

—TWH

kicsi...@gmail.com

Oct 26, 2015, 11:18:51 PM10/26/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi, it would be easier to participate for me in Europe. Thank you.

Dogild

Oct 27, 2015, 12:51:45 AM10/27/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi guys,

We have just created a small survey : https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z9P7L55

Please do it so we will know what and where to do it ;)

Thanks,

Didier Korthoudt

Oct 27, 2015, 1:22:26 AM10/27/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I've just completed the survey.

Just in case it can be useful, I'm the CIO of the University of Liège (east Belgium, French speaking part). The university campus could be used for this meeting (I would then take costs in my charge) and maybe some computer science could attend.

Liège is just 100 km from Brussels, 20 km from Germany and The Netherlands (with plenty of cool places to eat and drink  ;-)

I would come in US or Sweden with pleasure, of course, but if it could help, everyone is welcome in Liège.

Didier.

Didier Korthoudt

Oct 27, 2015, 4:01:12 AM10/27/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Oops !

You should read "and maybe some computer science students could attend."

;-)

Dogild

Oct 27, 2015, 12:21:59 PM10/27/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi Didier,

This is very nice ! It could be a good occasion to show cappuccino to new people/student. We will take that in consideration.

Thanks,

Udo Schneider

Oct 30, 2015, 8:47:53 AM10/30/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Somewhere in Europe would make it easier for me. If it's really in Liège I could try to bring some AV stuff along to do a live recording/streaming of the session with 2-3 cameras.

CU,

Udo

Todd Freese

Oct 30, 2015, 9:16:35 AM10/30/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
I can help out with any video encoding for posting the sessions if they are recorded. We have a large render farm that we can use.

Todd

Dogild

Nov 17, 2015, 11:32:21 PM11/17/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi guys,

Just to let you know that the event will be in Belgium on the 31st March 2016 !  More informations next week !

Thanks,

kicsi...@gmail.com

Nov 18, 2015, 5:38:12 AM11/18/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Great! Thanks!

Dogild

Nov 20, 2015, 8:59:49 PM11/20/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J

Dogild

Nov 26, 2015, 12:39:22 PM11/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
@Udo Thanks to propose that ! In liege there is already a video environment already installed ! But I really appreciate your help :)
@Todd Oh cool, let's see once we have the video of the cons what we want to with them ;)

Thanks,

Udo Schneider

Nov 26, 2015, 3:09:07 PM11/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
N/P - thanks for the update.

Didier Korthoudt

Nov 26, 2015, 11:14:48 PM11/26/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J

Le jeudi 26 novembre 2015 18:39:22 UTC+1, Dogild a écrit :
@Udo Thanks to propose that ! In liege there is already a video environment already installed ! But I really appreciate your help :)
@Todd Oh cool, let's see once we have the video of the cons what we want to with them ;)

The podcast system installed in the amphitheater films the whole room from the back and captures the output of the connected computer. It then, afterwards, compose automatically to show the room but swaps to computer output whenever something moves on the screen.

So maybe it could be enough or it could be nice to capture speaker with a dedicated camera and mix the whole thing afterwards... Our system can also provide unmixed videos.

You can see a sample of the automatic output here :

(this link is valid until December, 11th)

Dogild

Dec 1, 2015, 2:06:05 PM12/1/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
The video sounds good to me ! But I agree that a dedicated camera for the speaker and the public could be great as well ! Udo still ready to do that ? :)

Dogild

Dec 16, 2015, 3:53:26 PM12/16/15
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi guys,

For people who didn't subscribe for the cappCon,  there is still time for that ! http://www.cappuccino-project.org/events/cappCon2016/

Tim Howell has been added as speaker for the event as well. He will talk about Cappuccino and his company RWElephant and will show how happy he is with Cappuccino !

Alexandre,