The built in image “NSRadioButton” is not supported.

sebasti...@wolox.com.ar

Mar 31, 2014, 8:51:52 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

First of all Ive already read https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/objectivej/kZhgbjGQXoc/TW3Ix3UuriYJ, and installed "Command Line Tools for Xcode 5" but still getting "The built in image “NSRadioButton” is not supported." and the .cib file is not being generated.
Do I have to do any other thing rather than installing command line tools? Is there any fix or workaround for this?

Regards, Sebastian.

Andrew Hankinson

Mar 31, 2014, 11:02:23 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Your .xib file is being saved in Xcode 5 format. You should change this to Xcode 4.6 format and it should work.

-Andrew

sebasti...@wolox.com.ar

Mar 31, 2014, 11:11:35 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
In "Interface Builder Document" I put Opens in "Xcode 4.6" and Builds for "OS X 10.8 and Later". Is that what you mean? It didnt work.
Should I do anything else?

Thanks for your answer

Andrew Hankinson

Mar 31, 2014, 11:14:01 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
How is it failing? Is it failing with XCodeCapp? Or are you using nib2cib directly?

sebasti...@wolox.com.ar

Mar 31, 2014, 11:16:27 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I tried both of them, and both fails with the same message.

Andrew Hankinson

Mar 31, 2014, 11:19:54 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
On my installation, switching to Xcode 5.1 yields this as the first line (after the ?xml declaration):

<document type="com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.Cocoa.XIB" version="3.0" toolsVersion="5053" systemVersion="13C64" targetRuntime="MacOSX.Cocoa" propertyAccessControl="none">

While Xcode 4.6 has this as the first line:

<archive type="com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.Cocoa.XIB" version="8.00”>

Which one does your .xib file have?

sebasti...@wolox.com.ar

Mar 31, 2014, 11:22:56 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
<archive type="com.apple.InterfaceBuilder3.Cocoa.XIB" version="8.00">

Andrew Hankinson

Mar 31, 2014, 11:24:26 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
OK.

Have you tried deleting and re-creating the Xcode project? (Choose “synchronize project” in XCC)

sebasti...@wolox.com.ar

Mar 31, 2014, 11:26:18 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
FYI

Andrew Hankinson

Mar 31, 2014, 11:27:38 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
If you want to send me one of your .xibs (or a .xib that exhibits this behaviour on your system) privately, I would be happy to have a look.

-A

On Mar 31, 2014, at 11:26 AM, sebasti...@wolox.com.ar wrote:

FYI

Sebastián Balay

Mar 31, 2014, 11:29:19 AM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Yep, already did that.

sebasti...@wolox.com.ar

Mar 31, 2014, 12:28:05 PM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Solved it by deleting the old NSMatrix control and build it in xcode again.

Thanks Andrew!

Andrew Hankinson

Mar 31, 2014, 12:30:16 PM3/31/14
to objec...@googlegroups.com
For everyone’s benefit:

I noticed that in Sebastian’s XIB there was some strange additional data added to the radio buttons having to do with an alternate image defined on them, even though that didn’t appear in the Xcode interface. It seemed to choke on these lines:

<object class="NSCustomResource" key="NSNormalImage" id="148917631">
  <string key="NSClassName">NSImage</string>
  <string key="NSResourceName">NSRadioButton</string>
</object>
<object class="NSButtonImageSource" key="NSAlternateImage" id="500300646">
  <string key="NSImageName">NSRadioButton</string>
</object>

Other .xibs with NSMatrix Radio groups didn’t seem to have the “NSCustomResource” line on them defined.

-Andrew