ulimit definitive fix

Antoine Mercadal

Apr 24, 2015, 12:45:56 PM4/24/15
to Cappuccino
Hey all,

I’ve opened a PR that should fix the ulimit problem once for all.

We had a lot of "fun" tracking down the issue, but we found it. The problem was due to the JSC implementation of OS.popen. When doing a popen, a popenImpl object is returned and it contains 3 streams. These streams were never closed, which leaded to 3 open FDs per popen, which is why it ran out of available FD.

The PR is here:

https://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino/pull/2346

We’ll test it internally for a bit, then I’ll merge it. If you want to try it, please fell free to report any probem

Thanks!

--
Antoine Mercadal

Martin Carlberg

Apr 24, 2015, 1:00:10 PM4/24/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Great work!

Thanks,

- Martin

Aparajita Fishman

Apr 25, 2015, 6:27:03 PM4/25/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Brilliant! Such a simple fix, but as you say I'm sure it was "fun" tracking that down.

Dogild

Apr 25, 2015, 10:19:52 PM4/25/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
It was fun yep...

Antoine Mercadal

Apr 25, 2015, 11:31:24 PM4/25/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
You owe me a restaurant btw :)

--
Antoine Mercadal

Dogild

Apr 26, 2015, 12:27:15 AM4/26/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I found the line of the problem, you found the solution. 50/50 ^^