nib2cib issue/question

bartels76

May 27, 2016, 1:43:05 AM5/27/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J

I am having an issue with one of my workstations with nib2cib.  Both environments are OS X 10.11.5.  And both running latest version of cappuccino build from todays source.  Both are also running the latest Xcode version 7.3.1 (7D1014)

  1. I created a sample project using "capp gen -l -t NibApplication SampleTest"
  2. I updated the MainMenu.xib removing the slider control, text box, and menu item.
  3. Added a toolbar to the window, remove font, printer, color toolbar items.
  4. Added a toolbar item and assigned it an 32X32px image.

One one workstation converts the MainMenu.xib properly.  The other workstation use to work properly but doesn't anymore.  It seems as there is some type of environment issue causing it to not convert properly.

I have been trying to dig through the source to determine what could potentially cause this or where to begin troubleshooting.  Has anyone seen this before?  Or can anyone point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this environment issue?

Screenshot of working workstation

Screenshot of issue workstation

Screenshot of file compare of .CIB files to show image width & height not converting properly on issue workstation.

XML for MainMenu.xib on both workstations which are identical.

Didier Korthoudt

May 27, 2016, 2:05:16 AM5/27/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi !

I once had a similar problem. It was caused (found it after hours of researches and some nervous breakdowns) by "something somewhere" pointing to an old version of imagesize rather than to the current one.

I resolved this by using capp_env.

Or you can try to remove *every* copy of imagesize you can find on your Mac and rebuild Cappuccino.

Hope this can help,

Didier.

bartels76

May 27, 2016, 2:26:50 AM5/27/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Thanks for the quick response.  That was it.  For some reason the imagesize was not in narwhal/packages/cappuccino/bin directory but the alias was in narwhal/bin.

Thanks again,
Jeremy