Jake install fails with latest cappuccino and Ubuntu 12.04

Rares Pop

May 25, 2012, 1:17:06 PM5/25/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hello everyone,

I have been trying to build cappuccino from the source code.
Using ubuntu 12.04, jdk6 from Sun.

Here is the error message I am getting for 'jake install'

(in /var/lib/jenkins/cappuccino/cappuccino/Foundation)
setupEnvironment warning: TypeError: Cannot call method "push" of undefined
org.mozilla.javascript.EcmaError: TypeError: framework is not a function, it is undefined. (/usr/local/narwhal/packages/narwhal-lib/lib/narwhal/sandbox.js#118)

Any thoughts ?

Thanks,
Rares

believed to be clean.

aradabaugh

May 29, 2012, 2:19:53 AM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I just VM'd Unbuntu 12.04 with jdk7 from Oracle and didn't even get that far. JSC can't be found.

Dunkie

May 29, 2012, 9:34:18 AM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
You could of course use the starter package and start to code instantly...
No plugins or installation required. http://cappuccino.org/starter
Works on any platform. All you need is a simple text editor and a browser to experience the frameworks awesomeness.

Alexander Ljungberg

May 29, 2012, 10:53:59 AM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
So JSC isn't installed but you still have it selected in NARWHAL_ENGINE?

Aparajita Fishman

May 29, 2012, 11:16:55 AM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
bootstrap.sh should be smart enough to see if it's available. All of this will go away when we switch to node.
Regards,

Aparajita

Alexander Ljungberg

May 29, 2012, 2:09:43 PM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
bootstrap.sh doesn't suggest selecting JSC unless you're on Mac OS X and the build of JSC succeeds. That's why I asked.

aradabaugh

May 29, 2012, 2:42:55 PM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Correct. It did not ask me about JSC. It asked the first default question about installing Cappuccino followed by installation path. No other questions were asked.

It then changed my ~/.profile by adding:

export PATH="/home/adam/narwhal/bin:$PATH"

export CAPP_BUILD="/home/adam/cappuccino/Build"

After that, I did `jake install` and it provided this:

/home/adam/narwhal/packages/narwhal-jsc/bin/narwhal-jsc: line 33: /home/adam/narwhal/packages/narwhal-jsc/bin/narwhal-jscore: No such file or directory

aradabaugh

May 29, 2012, 2:43:58 PM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
No NARWHAL_ENGINE was set in the .profile

Alexander Ljungberg

May 29, 2012, 2:51:26 PM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Is it set elsewhere? What does `echo $NARWHAL_ENGINE` return? Does the problem go away if you specify Rhino?

export NARWHAL_ENGINE=rhino

On 29 May 2012, at 11:43, aradabaugh wrote:

No NARWHAL_ENGINE was set in the .profile

aradabaugh

May 29, 2012, 3:03:43 PM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
echo'ing $NARWHAL_ENGINE produced nothing. I added it to the .profile and jake started working. It bombed out at

Building... /home/adam/cappuccino/Build/Release/Objective-J/Objective-J.js
org.mozilla.javascript.WrappedException: Wrapped java.io.IOException: Broken pipe (/home/adam/narwhal/engines/rhino/lib/io-engine.js#36)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.Context.throwAsScriptRuntimeEx(Context.java:1781)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.MemberBox.invoke(MemberBox.java:183)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.NativeJavaMethod.call(NativeJavaMethod.java:247)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpretLoop(Interpreter.java:1702)
    at script(/home/adam/narwhal/engines/rhino/lib/io-engine.js:36)
    at script(/home/adam/narwhal/lib/io.js:69)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.Interpreter.interpret(Interpreter.java:845)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.InterpretedFunction.call(InterpretedFunction.java:164)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call1(OptRuntime.java:66)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen._home_adam_narwhal_packages_shrinksafe_lib_minify_shrinksafe_js_26._c_anonymous_10(Unknown Source)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen._home_adam_narwhal_packages_shrinksafe_lib_minify_shrinksafe_js_26.call(Unknown Source)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.optimizer.OptRuntime.call2(OptRuntime.java:76)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen._home_adam_narwhal_packages_shrinksafe_lib_minify_shrinksafe_js_26._c_compressUsingServer_3(Unknown Source)
    at org.mozilla.javascript.gen._home_adam_narwhal_packages_shrinksafe_lib_minify_shrinksafe_js_26.call(Unknown Source)

It goes on. I have not ran into the OP's problem yet. He is using JDK6 and I am using JDK7. I wonder, does that make a significant difference since it is using Rhino? I know so little of Java that I don't even know if JDK6 -> JDK7 is a big change.

Alexander Ljungberg

May 29, 2012, 3:30:04 PM5/29/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I was able to build on a Fedora Linux machine just the other week and even got through jake deploy and flatten with yuicompressor (although there seemed to be some problems with cibs). I guess every Linux system is a little different.

Looking at the stack trace it looks shrinksafe related. Maybe it's failing to convert some file for some reason?

Andrew Hankinson

Dec 31, 2012, 12:42:00 AM12/31/12
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I don't have much experience with this, but when I was working on the Travis-CI integration (they use Ubuntu) I had to explicitly set it to use OpenJDK 6. It wouldn't build without it.

-Andrew

On 2012-12-30, at 10:21 PM, Guido Marucci Blas <gui...@gmail.com> wrote:

Could you make this work? I'm using Ubuntu 12.04 and Java 1.7.0_10 and I'm stuck here

aradabaugh

Jan 1, 2013, 2:44:58 PM1/1/13
to objec...@googlegroups.com
I ended up using (and still am using) JDK6 on 12.04. On my Macbook I can use JDK7.