Compatibility with Windows focus tracker tools

Nigel Goodship

Jun 22, 2016, 8:00:49 AM6/22/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi,

We have a Cappuccino app that acts as a front end to taking card payments from customers over the phone.  Our customers use our software will call recording facilities, but it is a requirement to stop the call recording when the card details are being given.  The call recording software normally uses a Windows task tracker tool to detect when the card payment UI is on screen, which button has been pressed, which field has focus, etc.  As we suspected, this tool does not return any meaningful from our Cappuccino app that would allow the control of the phone call recording equipment.

Does anyone have any experience of this sort of set up or any advice about what we can do within our app to make the views, buttons, text fields, etc. accessible to a Windows task tracker tool?

Many thanks.

Nigel Goodship

Martin Carlberg

Jun 22, 2016, 9:55:49 AM6/22/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Nigel,

Without knowing how your call recording software is working or where it is running it is hard to give you any real advice here.

From a generic standpoint the following can be said:
The Cappuccino app is running in the browser. Windows and buttons in Cappuccino are not standard browser items so I guess it will be hard for an outside program to track what is going on. Maybe you can let the Cappuccino app tell the call recording software with some http request to stop recording and then start again? Or if your task tracker tool can notice browser item like html input fields etc in the browser you could create fake html items that it can recognise? The user could still use the Cappuccino items to enter stuff and navigate the UI.

This is all I can think of without any more info.

- Martin

Nigel Goodship

Jun 22, 2016, 11:50:03 AM6/22/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Hi Martin,

Thank you for your advice.  The question was supposed to be fairly generic and I asked mainly in the hope that someone might have dealt with this, or a similar, problem before.

Having the Cappuccino app send requests is hopefully an option, but might not be entirely straight forward, so we were exploring the "automatic" option first.  Your idea of adding fake HTML input items temporarily is certainly worth pursuing, so many thanks for that.  We've also thought of making changes to the browser window title to indicate the payment taking activity and see if the task tacker tool can work with that.

Regards,

Nigel