advice on dithering?

Michael Bach

Aug 23, 2017, 12:23:15 PM8/23/17
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Dear Cappuccinorites:

I'm porting a rather sizable program from ActionScript to Cappuccino -- incomplete preview here

To measure the human contrast threshold I need to present luminance differences smaller than what's possible with the usual 256 levels. Dithering is one solution.

So my question: Good suggestions for dithering?
My current plan is to use 3x3 dither matrices, make images of the 9 possible cases, and use "CGContextCreatePatternContext" and more from Aparaita's "PatternFillTest".

Any advice welcome,
best,
Michael

daboe01

Aug 25, 2017, 6:03:45 PM8/25/17
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
you could render into the 2d context directly.