jake test & ojtest

Keary Suska

Jan 22, 2018, 1:08:02 PM1/22/18
to objec...@googlegroups.com
In a test for changes to capp itself, it looks like jake test succeeded, but calling ojtest to test the specific file failed as if the fixes were not made. Does this mean ojtest uses the installed capp? And if so, will using capp_env take care of this?

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Martin Carlberg

Jan 23, 2018, 3:16:22 AM1/23/18
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi Keary,

I'm not 100% sure about this but I think 'jake test' will build the Cappuccino frameworks and run the test cases on the built version. It will not install the Cappuccino frameworks. 'jake test-only' will run the test cases on the installed Cappuccino frameworks. If you run 'ojtest <testcase>, as you suggest, it will use the installed Cappuccino frameworks.

capp_env might take care of this. Please let us know. :-)

I might be wrong about this so if someone has other information please feel free to jump in.

- Martin

Keary Suska

Jan 23, 2018, 3:48:00 PM1/23/18
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the info—it would be nice to know how to run individual tests against the cappuccino build, rather than installation, especially since the full test suite is very large and it is difficult to sort out failures, especially since the capp base tests has about a dozen failures every time anyway.

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.