ANN: CPTextView, CPTextStorage, CPTextContainer, CPLayoutManager and CPFontPanel

daboe01

Sep 26, 2016, 11:22:56 AM9/26/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J

We are highly excited to announce that CPTextView and all the other classes of the Cocoa text system have today been merged into Cappuccino.

After more than three years of hard work and over 600 commits, we proudly present:

  • High quality and fast text rendering with ligatures and kerning
  • Highly optimized to support large documents (tested with 2000 lines and more)
  • Consistent cross-browser / cross platform look and feel that is nearly feature par with the Mac
  • Font panel
  • Unlimited undo / redo
  • Native copy and paste
  • Support for rich text
  • RTF Parser and RTF Writer
  • Support for input of diacritics (aka 'dead keys' or native input manager)
  • Support for Xcode (nib2cib)
  • Tested on Chrome, Safari and Firefox

CPTextView can be used for a simple plain multiline text input and also to for a full blown online word processor application.

If you miss a feature or discover a bug, please open an issue onhttps://github.com/cappuccino/cappuccino.

Best wishes,

Daniel and the core committers team

Simon

Sep 26, 2016, 11:48:43 AM9/26/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Ok, that is a seriously amazing piece of work.... Complete and utter kudos to you all.

Prof. Michael Bach

Sep 26, 2016, 11:53:58 AM9/26/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
> We are highly excited to announce that CPTextView and all the other classes of the Cocoa text system have today been merged into Cappuccino. …

BRILLIANT!!!

bwm
--
Prof. Michael Bach PhD, Eye Center, University of Freiburg, Killianstr. 5, 79106 Freiburg, Germany.
Michae...@uni-freiburg.de <http://michaelbach.de>

Antoine Mercadal

Sep 26, 2016, 12:00:49 PM9/26/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Congrats and thank you!

--
Antoine Mercadal

Arjen Schipmolder

Sep 26, 2016, 12:09:50 PM9/26/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com

Fantastic! Thanks a lot!

Martin Carlberg

Sep 26, 2016, 12:48:12 PM9/26/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Thanks  a lot for your hard work. This is a big milestone for the Cappuccino framework.

- Martin

Cacaodev cacaodev

Sep 26, 2016, 12:48:40 PM9/26/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J

Thanks Daniel, this is a great day for you and the cappuccino community.

Didier Korthoudt

Sep 26, 2016, 3:50:36 PM9/26/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Dear Daniel,

Thank you for this huge amount of work !

I can't wait playing with it !..

:-)

Merci !

Didier.

Todd Freese

Sep 26, 2016, 5:28:59 PM9/26/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
What a great way to start the week! This is really awesome!

Thank you for this great addition.

Todd

Keary Suska

Sep 26, 2016, 5:44:31 PM9/26/16
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic! Can’t wait to play around with it. Many thanks to Daniel and everyone who contributed, and who continue to contribute to Cappuccino in general.
Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.

Manuel Antonio Mora Sandoval

Sep 30, 2016, 3:57:57 PM9/30/16
to Cappuccino & Objective-J
Thank you for all your work it will be appreciated.