Installation Trouble

Tathagat Banerjee

Apr 6, 2015, 12:15:23 AM4/6/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

New user to OS X here, and more hobbyist than anything else. Do not code for a living. Had a few questions about the install -

  1. I have got Cappuccino working successfully when i manually code up samples using the Cappuccino Starter package. No issues here.
  2. Where i have a problem is when i try to use the XcodeCapp application.
    1. Run xcc from Terminal
    2. Create Project->Sample1
    3. From Safari, navigate to project. Loading Screen only. Look at Web Inspector -

It showing client1.dev as when i setup Mac dev environment, followed the guide here - https://mallinson.ca/osx-web-development/ - using dnsmasq to change 'http://ANYTHING.dev' to point to localhost.

The problem is that the project sample1, built by xcc is in, 'www/sites/client1/wwwroot/sample1/'. This means that Objective-J shortcut in Frameworks points to a directory in which nothing exists?

Am i missing something here?

My workaround is to take the 'Frameworks' folder from the starter package and manually copy it into whatever application I am trying to build. This is annoying, and seems to play up with XcodeCapp (random things don't work).

  • I did the install from source according to the guide, and used sudo for everything (as its in my www). Both jake --help and capp -- help seem fine. Have checked both .bash_profile and .bashrc, and again these are fine. Restarted Terminal too.
  • When i first built Cappuccino from source, installed it in my /Documents/Sources/ directory. This had the same problem, but i thought it is probably due to my changing around the localhost from dnsmasq, so moved the install to /www/
Any assistance would be most appreciated. Looking forward to learning more about Cappuccino. Thanks so much.

Tathagat

p.s. sorry about screenshots, not sure about etiquette around posting them - my machine is a dev machine only.
p.p.s. what is the control image in the homepage under 'Stunning Controls' - is it CPAccordion? Its beautiful.

Tathagat Banerjee

Apr 6, 2015, 6:30:16 AM4/6/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

Sorry - had no idea images would disappear. Error is basically:

[Error] Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 (Not Found) (Objective-J.js, line 0)

Thanks so much,

Tathagat

Tathagat Banerjee

Apr 6, 2015, 8:04:50 AM4/6/15
to objec...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

This is now fixed. I had to uninstall Java 8 JRE from OS X and install the Java 6 from Apple. Following a reboot, was able to jake install and it now works as expected.

Any ideas as to why this would be the case?

Thanks so much.

Tathagat